Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Re: Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Postby AzziDePazzi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:36 am

Free wrote:
The letter stated the company's 'confirmation of receipt of paperwork' and asked for "Documentary Evidence in support of payment in order to update our records accurately". So, thats exactly what they will get.

Free

Wasn't the documentary evidence a cheque on the bottom which they are now the holder of.

Are they baiting you to see what you know?

If you give them evidence then you are agreeing there is controversy. It might be better to hold them to their accounting obligations and question why they haven't returned it if they require it.

Maybe 'In accordance with the Bill of Exchange Act 1882' states a claim that places the burden of proof on the drawee.

ADP
AzziDePazzi

Postby Free » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I dont see that contraversy exists at this time. It appears that the company have accepted the returned bill as holder in due course. The request from them was for documented evidence to support the method of payment, not, guidance on how to process it. Until they ask for this, there seems no need to provide it. This is purely my opinion.

Sosii, your notices attract me. Are they template notices, or did you draw them your self..? My reason for asking is that I may well use them should the company request 'payment instructions' on how to ledger/bank/etc.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby sosii » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi free

Based on shrout's work, have since learned of a small flaw in the accounting....

It's complete overkill and the bit to darling is no good I've now been told too, am going to have rework it myself this time. Note to all interested, you MUST customize your instructions, wording is essential, if they see hundreds of orders printed from templates, well, it just won't cut it.

That has been my mistake, back to the drawing board.

** EDIT ** Addendum:

Point raised elswhere that could be of relevance, what do you think?

Thought i'd throw a little something in the pot for discussion - Bills of exchange act 1882, Sec 53 Funds in hands or drawee states - ''A bill, of itself, does not operate as an assignment of funds in the hands of the drawee available for the payment thereof, and the drawee of a bill who does not accept as required by this Act is not liable on the instrument.''

This says to me ''The bill itself is not a specie of money with which the drawee can make payment, but provided he does not accept the bill (either by delivery, notification or silence) he is not liable.''

Is it really as simple a sending a notice of non-acceptance?? Thus relinquishing all liability?? (i'm thinking leccy bill for example)

:thinks:
I declare that I, being a sovereign free man on the land, am a living soul and that I am the only power and authority within my life.
sosii

Postby Free » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:35 pm

hmm....that's a thinker isnt it.

The bill doesnt represent a note till its accepted and signed but...since no liability is created by non acceptance it seems it was never needing to be paid in the first place!

Brilliant. Valid point that. It's open to interpretation like all the rest i guess. But since on this occasion the bill's been duly negotiated we'll just need to wait and see..

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby huntingross » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 pm

This was my take on dishonour of a Bill

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=971&p=11579&hilit=accept#p11579

It's all balanced on us signing it.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby rhiannon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:50 am

This makes total sense to me....

I have always, even before I started researching, looked at the remittance slip at the bottom of a bill and thought .... this looks like a cheque!
I am going to do my electricity bill, I will let you know how I get on

R
rhiannon

Postby AzziDePazzi » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Would this need to be done within 3 days of receipt?
AzziDePazzi

Postby rhiannon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 pm

my interesting conversation with an advisor at EDF energy.

Just spoke to a chap who was a solicitor, he says. At first he was quite rude and angry, going 'but there's no payment here.'
He did show interest in the subject though, he then calmed down and his take on it was this.

- Even if this was a form of tender, any company can decide what payment method they accept.
I said 'so, EDF do not accept this as a method of tender, whether it is legal or not?'
-First he said 'no', then he backtracked and said 'that is not EDF policy, there is no actual policy, but they don't accept it as tender.'
hmmm.... how can they not accept it if they have no policy???
He said 'I've had a few of these recently, i am personally interested to know where it is all coming from.'
I told him people were researching and waking up to the banking and monetary deceptions, double-entry bookeeping etc.
he said double entry bookeeping has been standard practice in this country for hundreds of years-
I pointed out that the average person would not have been aware of this, and is therefore being decieved.

He then went on to say that if this (bank giro) could be used as tender, then no one would ever pay for anything and the system would collapse... (good-me)
He thinks if I am using this as a negotiable instrument, then I am 'in breach of the banking act'. .... he didn't expand when I asked him what part of the banking act and how.

When I talked about contract law and how we are fooled into standing under maritime jurisdition he said 'the first thing I was told about Law is "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." '
Sounds like wise advice on the surface, but when you think about it, that seems to be a saying to warn people off learning anything. Like he was saying 'luv, just do what u r told and stay ut of it' sort of thing.

At the end of our conversation he said something like 'I suspect this doesn't have enough information on it.' This made me think he knew a little more than he was letting on, as he stopped himself quickly.
I know that I didn't fill it out fully... he probably knew that too.
Eventually he agreed to send me another bill. In the meantime any advice would be appreciated.
From other posts I do not think edf have accepted this from anyone....
R
rhiannon

Postby Free » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:50 pm

"...if this (bank giro) could be used as tender, then no one would ever pay for anything and the system would collapse.."

Cracking line that. He's either lost in the illusion or bravely trying to cover it up.

Difficult to tell sometimes with these people.

The irony of it all is that in his way he's accurate when he says no one will 'pay' and the system would collapse. Yes and, yes. This is because we cannot 'pay' and the remedy is presented along with the bill. I read the back of a Capital 1 statement recently which blatantly stated all you had to do to pay was to sign the remittance and post it back. It then says 'Thats It'. Then goes on to add that cheques/po's can be sent with it....

I love the old..'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' line. Fair enough if you're plumbing or something but a little truth leads to a whole lot more truths which is the beginning of an irreversible change in one's perspective. So a little knowledge can also be a very good thing indeed.

I guess he'll be speaking the truth in his admission to the fact that 'more and more of these' are turning up. He better get used to them eh, as there's going to be a lot more of them as time passes.

Onward!

Free
Free

Postby Colin Grainger » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 am

"and the system would collapse.."

But was that an admission of something else? You can read that to mean that the scam would collapse, not the economy.

Colin.
Colin Grainger

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills