Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Re: Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Postby Free » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:20 pm

I've done the same with a water bill.

It was negotiated by recorded delivery monday just gone.

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

Postby Arten » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Any company that objects to this method of payment ask them to state their reasons why in writing!
Arten

Postby sindakit » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey Arten,
just about to do this with a Virgin media 'bill' and was wondering about the slip being attatched or not. You say to keep it together but I have heard from other sources to seperate the two. Mary croft mentions this in her book I think, I'll have to check that, so does rob menard. The reason for seperating is to create the two instruments you return to them. One being the liability the other being the remedy. I'm not the expert or the one who has had success so correct me please or tell me why you feel it's best to keep them attached.

I tried A4V with the electric company before you posted about your successful method. I seperated the two and got a reply today saying
'We recieved your response but no payment was enclosed. Please pay us by cheque postal order etc etc. We have placed your account on hold to allow you to make a payment
A hold on an account they wanted to get a warrant to change the meter on two weeksd previous :clap: Anyway, they never returned my 'Money Order' presentment, I'm assuming this gives me the upper hand. This letter is accepting receipt am I right? therefore I can reply saying
"since you have confirmed receipt and have not returned my presentment I can assume you have used it to process a payment. If not please return my original presentment and detail in writing why it is not a suitable form of presentment"

Lets push this A4V thing forward! :grin:
Peace
sindakit

Postby Dipsy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Anyway, they never returned my 'Money Order' presentment, I'm assuming this gives me the upper hand.

No you have no proof, no prior contract, no remedy, no recourse only a lucky dip if it works or not. If you want to enforce the action then perform debt validation then use a4v and part of your contract to settle the debt. THEN you have lawful remedy and enforcement.
Dipsy

Postby AzziDePazzi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:08 pm

It appears that this is not strictly an A4V technique. A4V being a private form of settlement whereby you return the instrument directly to the man who has the ability to settle an account privately.

Assuming that this can be sent directly back through the public facing department (e.g. payment office address..), it looks like a remedy within the BoE Act that allows a person to person transaction to occur. It seems to account for the fact that they clearly provide you a remedy at the bottom of every paper bill.

What I would like to know is which specific parts of the UK BoE Act 1882 pertain to what we are doing?

I've only just got the first chance to sit down and look into this since hearing about this on Friday.

I have a long row of tabs to get through now. :)

ADP
AzziDePazzi

Postby sosii » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Hiya

You are giving them the payment, but what about the instructions as to how to use it?

Page 1
Chief Executive Officer

STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL
NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE OF VALUE
Notice to Agent is Notice to Principle, Notice to Principle is Notice to Agent

I received your offer REF: ___________, however I found no cheque or suitable bond with the presentment.
Therefore I now serve notice that this offer is accepted for value and I am returning it herewith for settlement of this account. Please now settle &/or close this account immediately and provide me with a certificate of release. In addition and in case of dispute on title, please would you identify for me the person who is fiduciary debtor and who is the fiduciary creditor of this account?

Please find enclosed the financial instrument(s) I am providing to your company in lieu thereof, in relation to the above account, accepted for value and returned for settlement in relation to Account No _____________.

This instrument is submitted pursuant to The Bills of Exchange Act 1882 & The Bankruptcy Act 1869.
Please also be advised that this instrument, once accepted for value, is lawful specie of money which can be used to credit/off-set the balance of the above account with the authorised use of my exemption ID number duly placed upon it.
I authorise ___________________ to make up the Bill of Exchange where necessary to cover any outstanding liability detailed on your presentment only, pursuant to Pt20 of The Bills of Exchange Act 1882. (Delete if not appropriate)
This properly endorsed remittance can be redeemed by depositing it with Her Majesty’s Treasury, as I am sure ______________________ Chief Financial Officer is already well aware.
Therefore, please forward this remittance to the appropriate accounting facility within _____________________ and instruct them to act accordingly, providing me with evidence that the account balance has been correctly adjusted to zero.
ACCOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions apply to this notice of acceptance and written payment required to adjust the balance in the ledger for this account.

These adjustments include: pre-paid expenses, unearned revenue, accrued liabilities, accrued assets, and estimated items that include subjective future events.

These items that transfer to a suspense account are the owners' equity in fact, and I am the principal.

Page 2
ACCOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions apply to this notice of acceptance and written payment required to adjust the balance in the ledger for this account.

These adjustments include: pre-paid expenses, unearned revenue, accrued liabilities, accrued assets, and estimated items that include subjective future events.

These items that transfer to a suspense account are the owners' equity in fact, and I am the principal.

A transfer of net purchases to cost of service sold is in order to reduce the balance in this account to zero for closing and reversing entries.

Reversing entries are made for pre-paid revenue when the initial items for which the original amount was entered in revenue or expenses account and all accrued items should be reversed.

1. Please settle &/or close this account immediately and enter the transactions of the period in the appropriate journals
2. Post the journals to the ledgers
3. Take an unadjusted trial balance
4. Prepare adjusting journal entries and post to the ledgers
5. Take a trial balance after adjusting
6. Prepare the financial statements from the second trial balance
7. Prepare closing journal entries and post to the ledgers
8. Take a trial balance after closing
9. Prepare reversing entries and post to the ledger

Please provide copies of the journal ledgers and final statement work sheets that you use to determine the amount for this account. Failure to settle and/or close this account immediately as per these instructions using payment enclosed will result in investigative procedures as to the usage of your securities and other interests.

Page 3
Accounting Instructions for HM Treasury

Alistair Darling, doing business as Chancellor of the Exchequer
HM Treasury,
1 Horse Guards Road
LONDON
SW1A 2HQ

Dear Alistair Darling, doing business as Chancellor of the Exchequer,

Please find attached a copy of an unsolicited offer/presentment made to ________________________ regarding the sum of £____.__. This presentment has been accepted for value in accordance with the English Bills of Exchange Act 1882.

Please process this presentment in the following manner.

1. Please allocate, seize and direct sufficient funds and not a penny more from the Foreign Citus Trust charging _____________________ via the National Insurance pass through account using the exemption ID _______ to the account details and reference shown on the attachment.
2. Upon successful allocation of funds please inform ______________________ in writing at the above address that the funds have been successfully transferred.

Please note that I am exempt from levy.

Peace
I declare that I, being a sovereign free man on the land, am a living soul and that I am the only power and authority within my life.
sosii

Postby treeman » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I like that sosii, good stuff :yes: :peace:
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby sosii » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:14 pm

No problem, remember to include copy of ucc1 finance statement.

Can't seem to upload a sanitised copy of my doc.......

Try here - http://www.4shared.com/account/file/257001580/1fa97fa/NOTICE_OF_A4V-Sanitised_97.html
I declare that I, being a sovereign free man on the land, am a living soul and that I am the only power and authority within my life.
sosii

Postby Travels » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Wow Arten excellent work mate..it's been a while since I had to engage the system so haven't been around so much, but seeing posts like this make me remember why I love coming back to this place..! Beautiful in its simplicity, as usually turns out to be the case :thinks: :shake: :yes:

I've missed the smilies too :puke: :mrgreen:
Hatreds never cease by hatreds in this world. By love alone they cease. This is Ancient Law.
- Dhammapada
Travels

Postby Free » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 am

14 days after my posting of a bill i received a short letter from the company to which it was sent.

The letter stated the company's 'confirmation of receipt of paperwork' and asked for "Documentary Evidence in support of payment in order to update our records accurately". So, thats exactly what they will get.

The company is not asking for payment instructions..which is interesting..

Free
Ironic, that those who would consider us mad choose to live in the madness of an illusion
Free

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills