Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Re: Instructions for turning a remittance slip into a cheque

Postby Arten » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:28 am

Ok Here is a quick up date this method does work but the consequences are the companies concerned then begin to mess you around. For example I paid my Virgin Media bill with this method and they cut me off for a year. What was interesting one day a guy from Virgin knocks on the door and informs me he is there to collect their equipment. I said to him you cannot do that I have just paid my bill, he said your account is zero as per my instruction so I am not here because you have not paid. I am here because you have terminated your account with us lol which was true but I had changed my mind and said you cannot take the equipment because I plan to reinstate my account.
I suppose what I should be doing when using this method is to issue the companies concerned with Notices and then attach a fee schedule for any refusal, letters etc.
Arten

Postby sindakit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm

The only problem with a4v being used on gas and electric bills would be that they would cut you off regardless if you're right or not.
I tried a4v in my old flat for electric. They replied saying no payment was enclosed. I asked for the slip to be returned and they said they no longer had the slip and they don't keep them on file. My response was that presumed they took payment. I was passed around a few people and told them the same but I moved out so I have no idea if it worked or not in the end.
sindakit

Postby Arten » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi Sind
The method I used is not A4V but you are right they will cut you off even when reluctantly they accept the way I paid.
Luckily for me my Water bill was paid 3 years in advance so we are having small successes.
Arten

Postby WingstheONE » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:06 pm

Greetings, Arten,
If not A4V, then please let us know how you did it, inclusive of water company? Thanks in advance Bro'.

Love and honour,
Wings
Wings:of the dransfield family
:8-):
CHARGE OF THE LIGHT OF INFORMATION, PERFECT LOVE, AND ALL IS ONE! IN A WORLD OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED ONE IS KING! I AM AWAKENED AT LAST!
WingstheONE

Postby WingstheONE » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 am

Greetings, Arten,
I have answer as I read beginning of thread that you kindly published for us all. Thanks bro'.
As of 17th June, 2011. Have you had any negatives with paying your bills, and in order to have ongoing service not stopped as in what happened with Virgin when you requested account to be put at zero, what did you replace that wording with. Would you kindly tell me which thread you published in which you have your BC bond set-up information, and how you deal with the Treasury acceptance, regards your Pre-Paid account. Thanks in advance Arten.

Take it easy,
Wings
Wings:of the dransfield family
CHARGE OF THE LIGHT OF INFORMATION, PERFECT LOVE, AND ALL IS ONE! IN A WORLD OF THE BLIND THE ONE EYED ONE IS KING! I AM AWAKENED AT LAST!
WingstheONE

Previous

Return to Utility Bills