Veronica's Water Bill

Re: Veronica's Water Bill

Postby Michaelangelo Coparo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Good stuff. Its good to see some style in letters. Its always nice to see the odd wind up here and there. Too many letters I see are just serious without a human touch.

Why do yourself and some other people address letters in the style of speaking to a human when we know they are a company. It seems a bit counter-productive as you are doing the same as something you are telling them not to do. Or is this simply because you are deliberately addressing them wrongly because they address you wrongly?
Last edited by Michaelangelo Coparo on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelangelo Coparo

Postby IamallthatIam » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 pm

HI there MC,

sorry and all that but I dont really "get" your post in so much as where's the wind up ?? :psst:

Veronica is perfectly serious in what she has said to Thames Water, Counrty Wide and Moorcroft - couldnt be more serious if you ask me.

As for addressing these companies as though they are humans , I am like Veronica in that I will always address my letters to a direct human , even if they refuse to give a name i.e. Team: of the Leader family , or Senior: of the Manager Family purely because there is no point talking to bricks and mortar. I mean if you write to Thames Water itself , what would you say ..... errrrr......**silence** there's no point using words it has got no ears to hear them, whats the point of writing words when they have no eyes to see .... you get my drift ????

You have to direct your letters to a human and talk to a human bcause they are the only ones capable of understanding anything you have to say

love and ligth

Angie x x

Incidently V , loved it , Oh am I going to have fun with Dwr Cymru :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby Michaelangelo Coparo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 pm

'Wind up' in terms of adding many human touches and points of humour. Its refreshing to see after so many robotic letters where people may have found them and simply changed the senders name to suit them.

Any letters I receive from a company with no human listed will be replied to with a request for a human to communicate with. I would have thought this increases chances of getting a response from a human.
Michaelangelo Coparo

Postby free_spirit » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:26 am

Hi Veronica

Your most recent letter to Thames Water is a work of art as are the
others.

I've had a shitty week and it has cheered me up no end.

Absolutely outstanding !

James
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby trewyth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 pm

I have received a Claim Form for unpaid water charges. Unfortunately I am out of time by 3 days for disputing the claim as it only arrived at my address a few days ago due to possible misdelivery by Royal Mail. Is there anything I can do or is it too late?
trewyth

Postby Freeman-B » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:40 am

V - absolute class as always - it's made my day already!

trewyth - yes, you can still act. By giving you insufficient time to reply (whether it is their fault or the Roal Mail's) they have dishonoured you and, as V says, he who dishonours, loses.

What I would do would be to write to them (in the form of a notice of dishonour) explaining this and requesting clarification of the contracts in exactly the same way V has. Include the Estoppel and give a conditional acceptance and a deadline - you are then very much in control!

:peace: :love:
B

PS I have done this with 2 debt collectors so far and the resulting silence has been deafening! I have absolutely no doubt that they returned the account to the principal marked uncollectable!
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

Postby free_spirit » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 am

This has been a fantastic thread V a detailed lesson to everyone here.

Many Thanks

James
WAKE UP PEOPLE OR ELSE ON YOUR DEATH BED YOU WILL BE THINKING, WHAT THE F**K WAS ALL THAT ABOUT
free_spirit

Postby Rich:Craig » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Free wrote:The rebutt you sent them beginning 'only humans have eyes....' looks to me that it could be used as a template for ALL mail sent to fictional 'persons'.....

Sorry to be pedantic but Dogs and Cat's have eyes as well...Regardless, this has been one of the funniest posts I've ever read :D
Rich:Craig

Re:Hi

Postby Tyber » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:33 am

Hi

I am new here, for the last 3 days I have done nothing but read NoCR.
I have tried to follow what you have done.
What happens now, do you still get water?
Will you ever have to pay for water agian?
Or was this just to clear up a arrears debt to water compnay?

Please a little advice.

What about a shaw cable bill?
Or my car loan?

James/ Tyber
Tyber

Postby Veronica » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 am

Tyber wrote:... do you still get water?

Yes.
Tyber wrote:Will you ever have to pay for water agian?

Who knows? I've offered them a Contract of THREE occasions now.
Tyber wrote:Or was this just to clear up a arrears debt to water compnay?

This debt was created by not paying them, because they have no right to demand money for sending me toxic substances down a water pipe ... and then have the nerve to charge me for it.

Latest rebuttal here (scroll down the letter for my response):
Moorcroft2Redacted.jpg

They may be 'ACTing'. I'm not 'ACTing'. I'm not any part of any theatrical play. They'll find out.

(In point of fact I've since added: "And while you are about it please stuff the Water Industry Act up your arse as well")

Edit by Veronica: I need to explain ... I have not actually sent that letter back (at the time of writing this edit). It is NOT because I am in any way afraid to do so. It is simply because I told them (originally) I could ignore all their crap without dishonour. So, having had second thoughts, and thinking about that, I decided to stick with what I said ... and have currently ignored it. I would LOVE to have sent it, and fully looked forward to doing so when I made this original post. IF I HEAR ANY MORE FROM MOORCROFT I will be seriously tempted to break my vow of silence to them, and respond in that way. The problem was - as I saw it - they have to learn I mean what I say. If I tell them I will ignore them, I have to show I mean it. That was the problem ... and it was the only problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills