Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Re: Case: Veronica's Electricity Bill

Postby sindakit » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 pm

HR can you post the details of what you wrote on the actual instrument you sent to Npower? Did you not send part of the 'bill' to the IRS?

I feel like I'm reading A4V posts everywhere and I'm getting all confused as to what the current theory/practice is for the most success.
I don't know if we:
1. rip off the bottom slip and send two parts back to company or one to IRS or one to 11 downig street
2. fill in amount, sign across with date and NI number or BC number or accout number given by treasury
3. use the numbers similar to 96 in canada since the transaction numbers in UK change depending on bank; I've seen 89, 73, 74 and 22(the debt collector's one). I've been unsuccesful locating the definition of these transaction numbers. :puzz:

I hope your attempt comes up trumphs HR, would be good to see a victory in the UK.

Also can someone post a copy of the cover letter I should send along with the instruments? I won't mind taking a stab in the dark and seeing what's on the end of my knife :grin:
sindakit

Postby jonboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Do you not have to file a UCC-1 financing statement before you can A4v?
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Arten » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Sindakit same lady talking about AFV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uQqc27IvRs
Arten

Postby huntingross » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi sindakit

Apologies if I gave the impression this is my work, it is not.

I am aware that there appears to be a move forward in this process as I described, but at this moment we are still awaiting if NPOWER do as they suggest and zero the account.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Arten » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi HG

Are you saying Npower accepted the AFV and are in the process of zeroing the meter? Remember once you crack this you can then credit your accounts with utilites and anyone else. :grin:
Arten

Postby Lozzie666 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I would like to know as well whether the utility companies will accept a4v's and who to send it back to. I'm thinking of doing it with the gas bill but don't want to get cut off.
I have these accounting instructions that you can send to the utility company:

ACCOUNTING INSTRUCTIONS. YOUR REFERENCE: ********** These instructions apply to the notice of acceptance and written payment required to adjust the balance in the ledger for this account. These adjustments include: pre-paid expenses, unearned revenue, accrued liabilities, accrued assets, and estimated items that include subjective future events. These items that transfer to a suspense account are the owners' equity in fact, and I am the principal. A transfer of net purchases to cost of service sold is in order to reduce the balance in this account to zero for closing and reversing entries. Reversing entries are made for pre-paid revenue when the initial items for which the original amount was entered in revenue or expenses account and all accrued items should be reversed.

1. Please close this account immediately and enter the transactions of the period in the appropriate journals
2. Post the journals to the ledgers
3. Take an unadjusted trial balance
4. Prepare adjusting journal entries and post to the ledgers
5. Take a trial balance after adjusting
6. Prepare the financial statements from the second trial balance
7. Prepare closing journal entries and post to the ledgers
8. Take a trial balance after closing
9. Prepare reversing entries and post to the ledger

Please provide copies of the journal ledgers and final statement work sheets that you use to determine the amount for this account. Failure to close this account immediately as per these instructions using payment enclosed will result in investigative procedures as to the usage of your securities and other interests.
Lozzie666

Postby somenick » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:56 pm

I had a call from Halifax because I had a stalemate with the DCA they put onto me. That is quite an interesting story in itself, but basically the DCA ended up having to go back to Halifax to get them to get in touch with me. Halifax called and the conversation went roughly like this:

Halifax: "Hello. Is Mr Jonathan Smith there please?"
Me: "Who is calling please?"
Halifax: "It's the Halifax"
Me: "...this is Jonathan speaking"
Halifax: (laughs) "I need to speak to you about your account. Can I confirm your address please?"
Me: "I'm sorry but I am not willing to discuss anything over the phone. You can contact me by mail."
Halifax: "Well we just wanted to let you know some things. Blair Scott & Oliver (the DCA) have been in touch with us and I wanted to let you know that they are collecting on our behalf. What was your address there?"
Me: "Like I said, you can contact me by mail"
Halifax: "I totally respect that..." etc

What I should have done is told him he had just breached the Data Protection Act...

It's pretty funny though, the situation with the DCA, I raised a legitimate point to them, that as they were the 2nd DCA I had been put onto, and as there was still a dispute with the 1st, the account could not have been legitimately passed on.

Halifax looked into the matter, then wrote to me saying:
"I have completed my investigation into your concerns and I am sorry to advise you that I am unable to accept your complaint. I know this will be a disappointment to you, and it is important for you to understand the reasons for my decision:" (gave a list of reasons... and said I still had to pay Blair Scott & Oliver etc)

So I just wrote back saying:
"I have completed my investigation into your concerns and I am sorry to advise you that I am unable to accept your rejection. I know this will be a disappointment to you, and it is important for you to understand the reason for my decision: I am not satisfied that the matter rests with Blair, Oliver & Scott. Therefore, I will not be accepting any communications from them."

hahaha... if they can do it, then so can I!!
Magna Carta never applied in Scotland, and the writ of habeas corpus, standardised in England under the Habeas Corpus Act of 1679, has no meaning in Scotland.
somenick

Postby enegiss » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:01 pm

:rotfl: good en somenick, go get em :grin: peace
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby huntingross » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 am

Ha....yes indeed somenick, quoting them back with there "pat" replies is the way to go.

And the phone calls.....can you confirm crap that ALL the companies wheel out is so transparently faulty....and it's like they don't get it.

Scenario....Huntingross works for a DCA.....HR phones Mr J. Smith
HR - Hello, can I speak to Mr J Smith please
JS - Who is this please
HR - This is the Halifax

(did anyone spot the lie....does anyone think they care)

If I conducted my business in such an un-professional manner, not only would I be out of business, I would never have been allowed into it in the first place.

Good work somenick
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Arten » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I am just about to turn a presentment into a cheque and return it to Virgin Media, they are bloody robber barons.
They gave me a package costing £18 per month and billed me £23 per month, they have slowly increased the charges and now it is upto a whopping £29 per month.
Well the last straw with them was I attempted to pay last months bill via their debit automated system and surprise surprise it did not go through although I have come off the phone thinking the transaction was complete.
I then get a letter from them saying my bill has not been paid and they are fining me £10. Now I get a new bill for two months at £71.57. Well I won't be parting with any useless fiat currency I don't have any.
If they refuse to accept the cheque then I will go out and get myself a new ISP Talk Talk sound reasonable at £6.99 per month.
Arten

PreviousNext

Return to Utility Bills