What is a true bill?

This includes Live Birth Trusts (LBT), and "Accepted for value" (A4V)

What is a true bill?

Postby chomerly » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:31 am

I don't know whether this is the right thread for this question but it seemed the most relevant.

I want to know what a true bill is.

Can anyone illustrate or guide me to what a true bill of commerce looks like and can they tell me, with legal fact, what information should be included on the bill.
Also, i would request that it be relevant to the UK as most of the information i've been reading seems geared to US bills and what amendments that they fall under.
I'm looking for something that is actually relevant to the UK as the more i learn, the better the defence i have.

Thanks guy's.
chomerly

Re: What is a true bill?

Postby huntingross » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:54 pm

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/true+bill

TRUE BILL, practice. These words are endorsed on a bill of indictment, when a grand jury, after having heard the witnesses for the government, are of opinion that there is sufficient cause to put the defendant on his trial. Formerly, the endorsement was Billa vera, when legal proceedings were in Latin; it is still the practice to write on the back of the bill Ignoramus, when the jury do not find it to be a true bill. Vide Grand Jury.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6457&p=57459&hilit=true+bill#p57459
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:52 am

im looking for the statutes which statutise the grand jury and abolish it again. all i can find is a northern ireland thing.
Freeman Stephen

Postby diasan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Freeman Stephen wrote:im looking for the statutes which statutise the grand jury and abolish it again. all i can find is a northern ireland thing.

I've a vague recall of reading the Grand Juries were suspended during the first world war, then never re-introduced.
diasan

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:57 pm

from what i can gather and its not alot, they are ancient institutions whos origins are unknown but at the same time introduced by henry v as an alternative to duels and trial by ordeal. they are an accusitory institution bringing cases before a petit jury who cannot be part of the both juries. they are both ancient institutes of scots law and not part of scots law. theres alot of confusion in high places about these so im still lost. in doing my research i discovered the oncome tax act of 1842 was a piece of temporary legislation just like the gold standard act and similarly creating a policy that was tried out during a war. habrus corpus and the war on trrror anyone?olicy that was tried out during a war. habrus corpus and the war on trrror anyone?
Freeman Stephen

Postby chomerly » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 am

This is what i'm having trouble getting my head around.

I asked about what a true bill is because of what i saw from Torquay talkie TV. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5VZGjg7fE

I don't get what a true bill is and what should be included on it.
Most of what i've read is geared towards bills issued by a court for the passing of an enactment or something similar.
I've read practically nothing which is related to the exchange of goods or services for the currency of money & this is what i'm trying to find. I'm after an example of what a true bill is and looks like.
chomerly

Postby kevin » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I believe it should have your name/address, their name/address, date, amount owed and what it's for, time to pay by
kevin

Postby chomerly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:37 am

So it is effectively an invoice then? Or what we know as an invoice?

If this is the case then I can do that no problem. I donut now as I work for myself.
I shall be putting that to one side as part of my arsenal at the PTB.
chomerly

Return to Commercial Redemption