Offer to do a bit of research...

This includes Live Birth Trusts (LBT), and "Accepted for value" (A4V)

Offer to do a bit of research...

Postby cjwood555 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi all,

As some of you may know from reading my other posts, I have a small incorporated company. I'm interested in this A4V process, and would be happy to do some research as to what needs to happen at 'the other end' so to speak - i.e. to find out what a company has to do to gain remittance in respect of an A4V / non-BoE promissary note.

But...I've not done any A4V stuff myself yet, so could do with a little guidance!

Regards,
Chris Wood
"The purpose of life, is a life of purpose"
cjwood555

Re: Offer to do a bit of research...

Postby sindakit » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:17 pm

hey cj,

It's very brave of you to put your business on the line for researching this stuff and it is a great idea, however, the problem is we currently fire off A4V's hoping someone at the other end, most likely those higher up, will have a clue about what is going on and be able to process the A4V slip. Most of the time they don't.

And know one can say whether failure is due to the slip not being written out correctly, the person dealing with your slip uunable or unsure of what it is, or even if the whole thing is rubbish.

For us to try and experiment with your company you would have to have a good idea of what is meant to happen and how you can process it. If I sent you a remittance slip and you took it to the bank manager to 'cash' or who-ever deals with your finance, you'd pretty much be in the same position as someone pinging one off in the post to a major company hoping they accept it.

The flip side is, if you learned how to process it properly then there would be no need in doing this experiment as we'd just send an A4V to other companies with the information you found out instructing them to cash the damn thing.

It's a bit of a weird circular logic :puzz: but perhaps its an avenue to try.
sindakit

Re: Offer to do a bit of research...

Postby Prajna » Sat May 01, 2010 2:22 pm

sindakit wrote:The flip side is, if you learned how to process it properly then there would be no need in doing this experiment as we'd just send an A4V to other companies with the information you found out instructing them to cash the damn thing.

More than that, you'd probably find a long queue of freemen lining up to do business with you rather than any competitors who only accept fiats. :grin:
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Return to Commercial Redemption