The Law of Bills of Exchange & Promissory Notes

This includes Live Birth Trusts (LBT), and "Accepted for value" (A4V)

The Law of Bills of Exchange & Promissory Notes

Postby The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 am

For your consideration:

In short, a promissory note is to be considered as a bill of exchange which the drawer draws upon himself, and accepts at the time of drawing.

The Principles of Keeping Accounts With Bankers by William Lowrie, published in 1809 with the approval of the Governor of the Bank of England given in the foreword.

A note, while in the hands of the payee, has this resemblance to a bill, that it is for the payment of money absolutely and at all events, and when transferred it is exactly similar to a bill of exchange.”

Summary of the law of bills of exchange, cash bills, and promissory notes by Sir John Bayley, published 12 June 1849.

http://freetheplanet.net/articles/153/the-law-of-bills-of-exchange-promissory-notes

Namaste
Nothing, except the truth, is like it seems to be.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael

Re: The Law of Bills of Exchange & Promissory Notes

Postby newmannewy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 am

The Freeman-on-the-Land known as Michael wrote:In short, a promissory note is to be considered as a bill of exchange which the drawer draws upon himself, and accepts at the time of drawing.

So should I add my Strawman name down as drawer:STRAWMAN and then endorse the back of it too with say "value recieved" & my signature ?

Any opinions ? Has anybody created a promissory note and used them sucessfully ? Or even tried using a promissory note, wether successful or not ?
http://www.thebigwakeup.co.uk - My own personal site dedicated to helping newbies wake up and see the bigger picture.
Feel free to pass comment, point out my failings & or generally critisice - (It's a working progress)
newmannewy

Return to Commercial Redemption