Getting out of the system for good? - DISCUSSION THREAD

This includes Live Birth Trusts (LBT), and "Accepted for value" (A4V)

Re: Getting out of the system for good? - DISCUSSION THREAD

Postby Freeman-B » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Indeed CP - I agree with the vast majority of what you have posted.

With regard to scarcity of resources, these fall into three categories:

1. Those that are not scarce at all (diamonds, gold etc)
2. Those that are being consumed faster than they can be replaced / harvested (minerals, animals (especially fish) and food in general (the World now consumes more food than it produces)
3. Those that are being poisoned / exhausted to a degree that is potentially fatal, the main example being fresh water.

That said, I know that abundance is our natural state and, if we all contributed to our survival (and nothing else) we could reverse this trend fairly rapidly, but City living does not allow this and ONLY contributes to the problem, without offering ANY relief from the issues (with the possible exception of home farming for those who have the appropriate land etc). THAT is why I said city living is unsustainable and that resources are close to depletion - not the Earths ability to regenerate resources, but our (apparent) inability to use them appropriately and respectfully.

In a nutshell, I think we agree!

:peace: :love:
B
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. Einstein
Banking doesn’t “involve” fraud...banking IS fraud. Tim Madden
Freeman-B

Postby Sophia » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Greetings All!
Brilliant post CP - not only are we surrounded by abundance, we are throwing that abundance away!
We throw away, food, clothes, fish, everything ... stuff which never even got out of the fishing boats for more than a morning.
Two Hungarians designed and built the Hydrogen (cold fusion type) car in the 80's - the patent was bought by Shell I believe, under the pretext that they would help set up manufacture .... then sat on it and threatened the guy's lives if they spoke .... (I haven't verified this last bit) ....
The cities can be fantastic places to produce energy if we were just allowed to. Put a dynamo on your door - imagine if all the shops, entrances to blocks of flats, bus doors etc,... how much electricity that would generate. Tower blocks could generate all the communal lightig they need, plus heating by covering themselves with photovoltaic cells and wind turbines on the rooves which because they are so high are always subject to a 5km/hr breeze.
Roof tops all over london are being covered in soil and turned into bee/bird gardens for migrating birds. People are making honey on them and collecting eggs from domestic pigeons etc,...
Use estate gardens for herb gardens and run medical herbalism course for the estate residents so they can heal themselves - organise the londoners to go to kent, sussex, essex etc,.. to pick their own fruit in the summer, let the farmers bring in the food to the cities directly to small markets all over London's villages. Blow up all the supermarkets - better still use them as indoor markets.
Collect all the rain water from the buildings and streets and use it for loos, washing machines etc,....
Come on folks - the possibilities are endless - all this negative endless criticism of the cities is just plain closed minded and pointless - can you imagine 10.000.000 londoners suddenly building houses - that will be a massive destruction ..... if people are willing to live in confined spaces be happy ! It's a Godsend but let's use the possibilities and create the conduits for creative interaction between the land and the city! Fight against the suppression of science by the few to control the many ! We have the possibility of paradise on this earth, right here and now and hold high the candle of hope ! :sun:
Sophia

Postby Sophia » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 pm

On a more mundane note :-) I don't know anything about bit torrents cee-p and would really love to see the weathermen film - help :giggle: , just realised I'm a computer phobe rather than a technophobe. Mango cake is go ! :sun:
Sophia

Postby consumerpada » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:38 am

no probs, I'll pm you some details, so as to not get off topic here. :sun:
Knowledge makes a (wo)man unfit to be a slave." — Frederick Douglass
consumerpada

Postby Jim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Sophia wrote:not only are we surrounded by abundance, we are throwing that abundance away!

Fantastic post, Sophia. I counted at least a dozen ways that city living could be made less wasteful, more sustainable and generally more pleasant.
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby Sophia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:11 am

Greetings Jim,
Happy to hear another positive voice :sun: are you going to post the list ? might be inspiring lol.
Sophia

Postby jobsaboba » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Sophia wrote:Greetings All!
Brilliant post CP - not only are we surrounded by abundance, we are throwing that abundance away!
We throw away, food, clothes, fish, everything ... stuff which never even got out of the fishing boats for more than a morning.
Two Hungarians designed and built the Hydrogen (cold fusion type) car in the 80's - the patent was bought by Shell I believe, under the pretext that they would help set up manufacture .... then sat on it and threatened the guy's lives if they spoke .... (I haven't verified this last bit) ....
The cities can be fantastic places to produce energy if we were just allowed to. Put a dynamo on your door - imagine if all the shops, entrances to blocks of flats, bus doors etc,... how much electricity that would generate. Tower blocks could generate all the communal lightig they need, plus heating by covering themselves with photovoltaic cells and wind turbines on the rooves which because they are so high are always subject to a 5km/hr breeze.
Roof tops all over london are being covered in soil and turned into bee/bird gardens for migrating birds. People are making honey on them and collecting eggs from domestic pigeons etc,...
Use estate gardens for herb gardens and run medical herbalism course for the estate residents so they can heal themselves - organise the londoners to go to kent, sussex, essex etc,.. to pick their own fruit in the summer, let the farmers bring in the food to the cities directly to small markets all over London's villages. Blow up all the supermarkets - better still use them as indoor markets.
Collect all the rain water from the buildings and streets and use it for loos, washing machines etc,....
Come on folks - the possibilities are endless - all this negative endless criticism of the cities is just plain closed minded and pointless - can you imagine 10.000.000 londoners suddenly building houses - that will be a massive destruction ..... if people are willing to live in confined spaces be happy ! It's a Godsend but let's use the possibilities and create the conduits for creative interaction between the land and the city! Fight against the suppression of science by the few to control the many ! We have the possibility of paradise on this earth, right here and now and hold high the candle of hope ! :sun:

is this abundance ?

http://www.youtube.com/v/<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mz90E9e8QQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4mz90E9e8QQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jobs
I am not wise......I am otherwise !

its not my banking system... and i dont take credit for it !!
jobsaboba

Postby Sophia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey Jobs that's brilliant!
Thank you so much for adding the source knowledge :-) and putting us in contact with it.
bb,
:sun:
Sophia

Postby jobsaboba » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:54 am

no probs, find more on you tube "bashar", thanks to arturo really, he pointed me there :love:

jobs
I am not wise......I am otherwise !

its not my banking system... and i dont take credit for it !!
jobsaboba

Postby MrFreeV » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:47 am

Amazing thread! :love:

I've always dreamt of a world within which communities in the cities, towns, villages and country, are truly free and LIVING!
There are ideas here i would love to hear in more depth.

I checked out tpuc.org and it's good to finally see some positive moves forward. These places being set up I would love to be there helping instead of sat here! but lack the direction, this statement is really me asking for directions :)
But then i thought, what about my local area, surely i don't have to move the length of the country just to be free?! :puzz: :giggle:
It's about our local communities, maybe if we lead by example whilst spreading the word throughout our local areas then there is at least a start. Get your street together and have a street party.. I'm jus tthrowing ideas out here... :thinks:
Gaining momentum :cheer:
Love Is Free
:peace:
MrFreeV

PreviousNext

Return to Commercial Redemption