N.I Number is this the key??

N.I Number is this the key??

Postby candygirl » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:38 am

I was talking to a goverment officee the other yesterday the questions asked were regarding my children i.e regards child benefit child tax credits.
The guy i was talking to asked"what is your eldests National Insurance number?" i replied "sorry what do you mean?" (as my eldest has not reached the age of issue and he knew this).
His reply "the N.I number please" I said "you mean mine?" he replied "no his" i replied "he does not have one yet he is 10" the gov officer said "all children have one from birth" i said "well i have never been given it for my child, what do you mean all children are given one at birth? how do i accsess my sons?"
The guy then got real nervous and said " hold on a moment please"

he came back after a minute and said "it's ok we've found it "i said can i have it please?" his reply "no and anyway it's not a N.I Number" i replied " you said all children are given one at birth it must be called a N.I number" he said "no you may not have it it's data protected for your son". he then changed the subject he was extremly nervous like he had given away info he is not meant to.
I went to fidelity.com and i typed in my year of birth and a /and my N.I number and low and behold it took me somewhere more than my birth certificate number ever has now can anyone explain this 1) conversation with the gov officer? 2) why the N.I number does somthing on that website??? 3) why can't we as parents have our childrens N.I number??? did anyone else know that children are issued a N.I number at birth? (to me this seems logical that the N.I number is created upon registration of birth to set up an account with regards to keeping things in order financially )
any thoughts?
peace
cg
candygirl

Re: N.I Number is this the key??

Postby Highspirit » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:06 pm

I was quite intrigued so looked into this and found out the following.

Just type in your year of birth and then search under fund number as instructed. You will find the same info as if you had typed in your NI number or BC number. It searches purely on the first digits before the /

There are fund numbers for almost every year of birth. It simply finds fund numbers that exist which are not particulary connected with anything else.

Try it, you will see what I mean.
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby Farmer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:02 pm

The national insurance number does not really belong to you which is why they can issue one at any time. In the US, when a number is required when filling in a form but you do not want to give yours or you don't have one, you do not need to put yours down, just put anything down. But in the UK I do not know.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby jonboy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Pardon my stupidity but where are you typing your details on fidelity.com? :blush:

However I do find this interesting, another proof that we have that magic account created for us.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby Colin Grainger » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm glad you asked JB. I couldn't figure it out either......
Colin Grainger

Postby huntingross » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Ha....here comes the daft laddy....I'm trying permutations and getting nowhere
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Highspirit » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:54 am

Please guys, don't waste your time. The Fidelity site just shows some obscure funds that are nothing to do with your NI number, BC number or anything.
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby fredqwerty » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Highspirit wrote:Please guys, don't waste your time. The Fidelity site just shows some obscure funds that are nothing to do with your NI number, BC number or anything.

Agreed
It ignores everything after the "/" and just returns details on fund number - 1967, 1952, 1977.... etc
Nothing to see here folks.
fredqwerty

Postby candygirl » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 am

jonboy wrote:Pardon my stupidity but where are you typing your details on fidelity.com? :blush:

However I do find this interesting, another proof that we have that magic account created for us.

This is what i thought, i didn't post the info to say this is the answer i felt that the gov official knew more than he was letting on perhaps.
Did anyone else know that their child has a N.I number upon registration of birth? Did you know you had a N.I number before age 16?
peace
cg
candygirl

Postby Jono » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:06 pm

candygirl wrote:
jonboy wrote:Pardon my stupidity but where are you typing your details on fidelity.com? :blush:

This is what i thought, i didn't post the info to say this is the answer i felt that the gov official knew more than he was letting on perhaps.
Did anyone else know that their child has a N.I number upon registration of birth? Did you know you had a N.I number before age 16?
peace
cg

I suspect there is a number created upon recognition or processing of the recorded birth ticket in a government agency somewhere, and perhaps this number is released at a later date etc.

makes sense, I mean you would have a pre-allocated number that could be used to track internally that birth registrant from first registration to adulthood, even if to cluster the number with the parents N.I numbers or a geographic coding, or how ever the number is made up.

Perhaps a question to ask the treasury is what are all external receipts that are received that contribute directly or indirectly for financing the operation of this country ?

In short what are the entire income streams / or revenues received, not just taxation receipts, or NI contributions but all bonds received, payments from international holdings. All profit centers not shown on the public budget accounts etc etc..

just ideas.
Jono

Next

Return to Birth Certificates