A closer look at councils needed

A closer look at councils needed

Postby MrFrodo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi all,

I am in the process of going back over some of the information I have come across in recent months, to really try and go over some of it with a fine toothcomb as I know I have been and so are others, guilty of 'believing' without a thorough search.

So here I will post my thoughts on Councils. As is has been mentioned by the likes of John Harris, our councils are companies.

*I see NO evidence of their status as companies. They are not on companies house.
*Their appearance on Dunn & Bradstreet is not evidence nor proof of company status. It is merely a means for which potential customers and creditors can use to ascertain whether they are good for the money ?
*HOWEVER, just because they do not have company 'status' does not mean that they do not behave as a profit making company/business ? 'If' they are making a profit, our question as people being taxed by them has got to be "does every penny you make go back into services given?" AND, "do you have directors and shareholders or somethin similar?" AND "Please give a full breakdown of all monies/revenue collected and where it all goes"

*THEN I realised this is perhaps why they are NOT on companies house. Perhaps showing their books every year is very much not what they want to be doing ?

Well, the last musing is reasonable and possible but not known fact by myself. How could we pry further into this? Does anyone have information to offer in regards to this?

What sort of FOI request could be made to find these details out, has anybody tried and if so what were the results?

Frodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Re: A closer look at councils needed

Postby MikeThomas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:17 pm

If it's any help start with asking what percentage of your council tax goes towards employee pensions. Then ask what percentage is paid to Regional Assemblys.

I think you'll find it's about 40% for the two mentioned above. Now ask what percentage of council tax goes towards the maintainance of the highways & byways. (10%) Then consider you've already paid road tax for that!

And this is probably only the tip of the iceburg!
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Request a copy of your local councils COMPREHENSIVE or COMBINED ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT (CAFR), see the trading in shares they do, then see how they set-off the governments allocation and your payments. The remainder is profit. There should be none, but there will be......meaning a profit!

Google Walter Burien and see what he has to say. Although it is USA, the principles apply equally here. You will see the jist if you find a youtube clip of him.
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby MrFrodo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Great stuff folks...I am on the trail,

Just watched 10 mins of Walter Burien, will have to sit down and watch more but I have gotthe basic idea. Now I need to start questioning the local council,

Will draft up some letters or FOI and see where I get
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:51 pm

Save the FOI - ask for the CAFR first. If they refuse, there's a good reason for them. That's the time for an FOI.

Especially to those councils who lost money in Icelandic banks - where did the dosh come from, when all accounting says that no monay should be left over after all services are paid for. :wink: :puzz: :mrgreen:
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby MrFrodo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Are you aware it (CAFR) goes by the same name over here ?

Frodo
MrFrodo

Return to Are they all Non-Limited Companies?