Allodial Title is Real

Re: Allodial Title is Real

Postby huntingross » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 pm

I see where you're coming from with this Farmer, but I don't know that implies that the "meanest subjects" rights extend as deep or as wide as the Sovereign...only that the Sovereign has the same rights as us "meanest subjects" (gotta love that phrase)
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm

The PTB have a new "special" definition of allodial title these days though. The traditional meaning is one where there is no superior such as a lord or a king to create taxes and the like. A type of true allodial tenure continues in the shetland and orkneys known as Udal tenure. I beleive that the notion that real title is allodial title is due to a misunderstanding about what allodial title actually is. Its assumed by the HMRC for example that since there are no more feu-duties then the land has become allodial, but in truth, it only becomes allodial when there is no superior who can levy a tax. Interesting how the tax office has a unique take on a label that arose from the natural state of affairs before the roman empire.
emmanualgoldstein

Postby huntingross » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm

An interesting point EG....do you know if they have defined allodial for their own purpose, if not the common useage applies.

As I do not appoint them to be superior, the latter point is of no concern to me regarding taxation.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby flora » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 pm

thank you emmanuel! Thats what i was trying to get across. But, ross here doesna want tae hear that answer. Perhaps, you should have said from the get go you were on the magic land?! Ffs I read it, the big boys called that shit in because they don't want ANYONE but themselves settlin on their magic lands. Nouicors and allodial claims will not help you on the magic lands... No way. Sorry, but, unfortunately thats the way shite is. And shite it is.
flora

Postby huntingross » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Geeze, But that's the point isn't it Flora....EG MADE the point you say you were TRYING to make.

AND EG has only made a point, at present it remains unsubstantiated....

AND finally, I made it as clear as I can, If you can't post without your attitude, then post on your own thread.

You've been registered on this forum for just over a month, you've posted 12 times, 11 on this thread, you claim to be -

experimenting with the legalities of the freeman concepts in relation to Scots Law. Scottish Planning Law is my forte and am researching how the freeman concepts can be exercised within planning law

And yet there isn't a peep out of you until EG posts this comment.....then here you are again....

Start your own thread on planning law, I will be intrigued to hear what you have to say on the subject
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby flora » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:52 am

naw, i've tried telling ye before. Allodial title is just a pretty name thy've given it. Fact is, i was interested in allodial title in relation to planning law. I ask you and anybody interested in the thread about it and you hand out a pipe dream and you cannae handle a challenge on the subject. Your problem, no mine. Aye, that's right 14 posts now. I'm no interested in figuring out how to get out of bills or sending letters to the fucking queen of england to tell her to shove her statutes where the sun doesnae shine. If people wanna be free they are gonnae hae ta get off their arses and give up everything for even a taste of freedom. Which is why the majority of this forum doesna appeal to me. If you wannae shit slang start a new thread, eh? Guid luck wi yer allodial title of magic land!
flora

Postby huntingross » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 am

To All

I'm locking this thread to prevent further unsubstantiated claims being made.

Any users wishing to further the debate on Allodial Title will need to start a new thread and provide hard facts for others to explore and debate.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby huntingross » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:35 pm

The final word on the topic to straighten out the kinks -

---------------

Susan MacInnes, Keeper of the Registers of Scotland, 22 May 2009 .

Effectively the feudal system of land tenure in Scotland was abolished on 28 November 2004 by virtue of the Abolition of Feudal Tenure etc (Scotland) Act 2000. As a consequence of this, all land in Scotland is now allodial.

26 May 2009

I can only repeat that the feudal system was abolished in Scotland in terms of the Abolition of Feudal Tenure etc (Scotland) Act 2000 and that land in Scotland is now "allodial" as opposed to "feudal".

Wikipedia's definition is consistant with other descriptions I have found on the internet and books -

Allodial title applies to property law. It describes a situation where real property (land, buildings and fixtures) is owned free and clear of any encumberances, including liens, mortgages and tax obligations. Allodial title is inalienable, in that it cannot be taken by any operation of law for any reason whatsoever.
In common legal use, allodial title is used to distinguish absolute ownership of land by individuals from feudal ownership, where property ownership is dependent on relationship to a lord or the sovereign. Webster's first dictionary (1825 ed) says allodium is "land which is absolute property of the owner, real estate held in absolute independence, without being subject to any rent, service, or acknowledgement to a superior. It is thus opposed to feud."

Allodial title cannot, in theory, be legally taken away against the will of the owner. However, an allodial owner can contractually give up allodial ownership and that allodial ownership can be restored or sold or passed on to a single heir. Allodial title cannot be taken away by fraud, only by legitimate contract.

Where the law does not define the meaning of a word, the common useage applies. The Abolition of Feudal Tenure etc (Scotland) Act 2000 does not define Allodial Title.

To date, I have found no other definition than that provided above.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Previous

Return to Land Claims