the illusion of geographic jurisdiction

the illusion of geographic jurisdiction

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 am

looking around the city, you could be forgiven thinking that the world is completely contained within it. rows upon rows of neatly alligned letterboxes, each with their own unique government issued identity. these identities, the addresses, do not simply vanish when one exchanges their concrete surrounded letter boxes for those surrounded by trees and grass, but in such location you would have to be suffering from incredible stress not to notice how much it is the city and its letterboxes that are contained within the world, and all letterboxes for that matter.

there are three types of land from the view of this free creature.

1) there are the highly compacted human dwellings which are abundant in both ways to pass the time as well as ways to pass away.

2) there are the lands which surround and feed the cities, amongst which i currently reside. they are healthy lands to live on but suffer from the nuisance of occassional tresspassers and those unique people who claim to have authority to kidnap you if you fart in a way that does not meet with the requirements of the most recent regulations.

3) there is the third type of land, far beyond the cities and the agricultural lands which surround them. lands where you might discover dirt roads covered in centuries of vegetation and indeed land that you could easily assume no one has ever set eyes on before. i have seen such land in scotland, it is abundant in the north. i dare say cumbria too. this land is beyond country but is wilderness.

though 2) and 3) might seem much of a muchness to those fond of letterboxes in the former they are sparse but in the latter they do not exist at all. nor roads nor telephone cables. in places such as this, the question of jurisdiction does not arise anymore than the question of the ownership of a novelty square inch of moon.

there may be those who claim to have jurisdiction of everywhere from pitcairn to the outer planets but without a reason to go there or a convenient means to do so, even if their powers outrank king canute ... what good are they?

i would like to construct an underground railroad to this land beyond the country. an underground railroad that will transport slaves to freedom.

the solution to our problems exists so who will give up their hairdryer for a home - a proer home?
Freeman Stephen

Re: the illusion of geographic jurisdiction

Postby Prajna » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Freeman Stephen wrote:the solution to our problems exists so who will give up their hairdryer for a home - a proer home?

I have done so, Stephen. It is everywhere and nowhere.

Namaste
FREEDOM Best Before: 11 Sept 2001
http://tomboy-pink.co.uk/ and http://DeclarePeace.org.uk/
Prajna

Re: the illusion of geographic jurisdiction

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:12 pm

im meaning ones with solid doors that keep the wind and rain out
Freeman Stephen

Return to Land Claims