shelter mark 4

shelter mark 4

Postby Freeman Stephen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

shelter mark 4 is the same as shelter mark 3a except its twice as big at around 10 square metres floor space. It has just been completed except the burner and the insulation which can wait until i have the time. This is my first night in this new shelter which can host about half a dozen sleeping bags but bring a mat since the flooring isnt in yet. Details of the location can be gotten from moderators by long term members in good standing on the forum.
Freeman Stephen

Re: shelter mark 4

Postby o.sam.a » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I can provide you with approx 10m of flooring, and by that I mean those coarse fibrous tiles you sometimes see in offices and the like. I live in Essex if u can pick it up.

PS I have recently found a plot of unregistered land about 100x400m and I would be interested in learning how you got on and what tips you might have. It is a lightly woded area and has very bad drainage so crops are out of the question so Im looking at raising chickens n the like instead and a co-op or bartering arrangement with you would be very attractive to me and definitely on the cards (this is not a fanciful ambition). I know you live off the grid but I would be looking to hook it up with electric (via solar panels) and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
o.sam.a

Re: shelter mark 4

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:32 pm

The statute for england is the limitations act. If you do research there should also be something under common law which facilitates you. In scotland, not only are you required to occupy the land but also to have something in writing about your doing so , an unjust tricky advantage for lawyers who know how. I am informed that in england, the mere fact that you are known to have occupied land for twelve years makes you the legal owner. Check this with people who have researched squatting and adverse possession in england. You might also want to do some historical research on who the land might belong to and check if they do own it. Be careful not to give away what you are doing in the process of investigating possible owners because they might fence it with their own property if they work it out prior to your occupation. Security from theft and fire should be your top priorities. Grow food in buckets if you cant grow anything but there are crops for every piece of land. Some food will grow in deserts and some will grow on flood plains. Look for stuff you can forage and try cultivating it. If theres no drainage dig channels. This is hard evidence of your sovereign usage of the land if you do this off your own back without funding. Two stroke diesel generators will burn almost anything but are expensive - grow your own fuel. Solar panels can generate more than four times their rated power when the regulator is pulled out the circuit but they are still shit. You need about a grand to power a desktop during daylight hours. Build well even if the weather tempts you to build quick. Its cheaper in the long run.
Freeman Stephen

Return to Land Claims