Planning "permission"

Re: Planning "permission"

Postby Dinah » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 pm

I am new to this whole thing and not sure how any of it works but here goes.....I am currently living on my land with my family It is 4 acres in Devon. We have ignored enforcement notices and gained a criminal record, we are now waiting for papers to be served to get us to court for an injunction to be served. We are also putting together an appeal for the planning permission refusal. If the council get there way I will see my family and I moved into a house that the council do not have for me and back on the benefits I moved to Devon to escape from.
WE are regenerating the orchard and providing for our family and just want to live our life the same as the rest of society, the neighbours are the pleasant people who informed the council of our exsistence and there is no way they are going to come round as they are convinced we are wanting to turn the place into a traveller site! We do not, we want to live a low impact life, in touvch with the land on which we reside. Any ideas, advice would be gratefully recieved!

Blessed Be
Dinah

Postby TomBlake » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi guys, I am now looking into buying some land to start my new freeman life. Ive read through the thread entirely and many of the posts are now quite old. In regards to declaring a claim to build or just building anyhoo is there now a more accepted path that freeman is wiser to follow? The type of land i would be interested in is rural so little chance of neighbours at all. would I be best off just to build the thing or is it a better route to declare what i am about to do and give myself away? Im aware that the location and circumstances probably vary the better route but i just wondered if anyone had any success stories or has points to look out for. Thanks guys for all the reading material too!!
TomBlake

Postby huntingross » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Dinah, I'm not sure how I missed your post.....Your story is so much like mine it is immediately striking....so I know roughly what you're going through.

To Dinah and Tom and others treading this path.....why apply to a "planning authority".....do we really believe they ARE an "authority"....I constantly wondered how they could call themselves that and be amazed at the amount of fuck ups they make.

My path lead to declaring independence in 2009 and seceding from the UK.....my 5 acres is now an enclave microstate on the rock called Great Britain.

If you want to resign a society where no application to join is required, then secede, it is the single resignation document that dissolves ALL "bands" .... The USA did it why can't we.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:53 am

Hello Dinah,

Seeing as the council have already stuck their nosey beaks into your private affairs, it might be worthwile reading through this http://www.fieldtofarm.com/forum/. These folks seem to know a thing or two about planning officers and the like.

Hello Tom,

I'm going down the same route and the best solution i have come up with is not to tell the council jack shit ! All they will say is no and more than likely send some arsehole around every month or so to check that your not living on your own land.
Like you say, the best bet is to get somewhere quiet where there are no houses around and away from any roads and to make sure the land owner/farmer couldn't give a toss what you want to do with your land.
JOHNIE_GEE

Postby TomBlake » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:17 pm

cool thanks guys!! i made my mind up now, im lookin for a small(ish) plot of woodland and just gonna build on it. If anyone does know of any such land for sale I'd be grateful if you could let me know or if anyone could point me in the right direction that would help too. So just gotta raise the capital and get on it!! Freeman life...Here I come!! (Hopefully ;) )

Johnie, do you have land yet? what sort of stage are you at?

Huntingross, Do you live on your microstate at the mo? If so what troubles have you had or tips to give?
TomBlake

Postby huntingross » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Tom

I do liveion my microstate, and the only bother so far is DVLA and associated friends.....hopefully more news on this soon.

The council will probably get involved at some point....but I have been here longer than the existence of Fidach.....so we'll see.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby TomBlake » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

well i hope all goes well mate and not too many probs ;) I thought i would look for woodland for sale but not much is forth coming, tried ebay and a few other sites but not much about that fits my bill. If anyone knows of a good place to look Id be grateful to hear suggestions. Wow 5 acres is a good haul!! Have you built on it yet? I have thought about land in france but not sure about moving country...
TomBlake

Postby huntingross » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

I did a thread on here some while back about the Scottish Wildlife Trust....I was curious what the deal is there (as with other trusts)....they hold the land for the benefit of the people....it could be interesting to look at what there trust documents actually say....preclude/include.

If you're one of the people, and I assume we all are....then it is for the benefit of us....how could they deny the benefit without breaching the trust....
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby GSDJayne » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 am

I am new to this forum but trying to learn quickly as we have problems with the council planning enforcement w******.
We have been harassed and bullied by various depts of our local council since we moved here in 2007. All this has come from complaints by a vindictive neighbour.
Are we the neighbours from hell - no.
We bought a property which has 3 acres of land - the field is registered as grade 2 agricultural land although has seen no agricultural use for at least 20 years. The previous owner kept horses which is also a planning contravention.
Part of the field is fenced off, we just raised the fencing height and divided into 4 areas. The fencing is site fencing panels under 2m metres, no footings therefore perfectly OK.
We use the 4 fenced areas to keep our chickens, geese and we allow our dogs in there to prevent access to the main field which is not secure. Since we are surrunded by farms that keep livestock, we thought it best to have a more secure area that the dogs can access throughout the day. The dogs sleep in the house at night.
We had a visit from the planning dept last october and he wrote back and said all was OK
new boss comes in and a further complaint from vindictive neighbour and we are told we have to apply for full planning permission for change of use for extension of curtilage in order that we can put our dogs in there and shut the gates. We can put the dogs in there but we can't shut the gates without change of use!! You just couldn't make this up could you.
Vindictive neighbour has friends in planning and is pushing this. We think they are trying to force us to apply for PP which we know will be refused thereby preventing us having our dogs in there.
Anyway, we were served with a planning contravention notice 2 weeks ago asking all sorts of nonsense and threatening us with fines up to £5000. All this so that we can close gates on our own land
I did seek a bit of help and replied with a conditional acceptance asking them to prove I was the legal fiction that the notice was served to and the 'person' that they referred to.

I know they won't give up so I wonder what they will come back with.
GSDJayne

Postby JOHNIE_GEE » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:32 pm

TomBlake wrote:cool thanks guys!! i made my mind up now, im lookin for a small(ish) plot of woodland and just gonna build on it. If anyone does know of any such land for sale I'd be grateful if you could let me know or if anyone could point me in the right direction that would help too. So just gotta raise the capital and get on it!! Freeman life...Here I come!! (Hopefully ;) )

Johnie, do you have land yet? what sort of stage are you at?

Huntingross, Do you live on your microstate at the mo? If so what troubles have you had or tips to give?

Hello Tom.

Not got any land yet as i've been knocked back a couple of times from the farmers who i've been trying to buy off. More places to try though.
JOHNIE_GEE

PreviousNext

Return to Land Claims