Planning "permission"

Planning "permission"

Postby gepisar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Just a thought:

If i want my 5,000 sq feet conservatory normally one SUBMITS an APPLICATION for planning PERMISSION.

As a freeman...whats your thoughts?
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Re: Planning "permission"

Postby jonboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:35 pm

Only a child asks permission. Build away my friend! :cheer:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby gepisar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 pm

And when the bulldozers turn up... whats my defence/redress/remedy?
gepisar

Postby jonboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 pm

The way I have always looked at it is:

You ask for permission, you immediately draw attention of the PTB.

You say nothing, and is anyone actually gonna give a fuck?? I see people building stuff all the time, and never think "have they got permission".
Policemen wouldn't care, it's not their bag. It would have to be a council planning official, actually walking past on the off chance, who is actually paying atttention, who is on the ball enough, for anything to ever happen.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby boo boo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:53 pm

jonboy wrote:The way I have always looked at it is:

You ask for permission, you immediately draw attention of the PTB.

You say nothing, and is anyone actually gonna give a fuck?? I see people building stuff all the time, and never think "have they got permission".
Policemen wouldn't care, it's not their bag. It would have to be a council planning official, actually walking past on the off chance, who is actually paying atttention, who is on the ball enough, for anything to ever happen.

Could be an expensive gamble!!!!!!
boo boo

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Who's "permission" would you need to ask for in a Common Law jurisdiction? Your wife because she might have something to say about you turning her conservatory into a billiards room. Your business partner beccause he helped you to buy the thing in the first place (in a roundabout kind of way). And finally your neighbours because they might be a bit miffed if you extend your conservatory upwards by four storeys and block their view of the village clock. The state? Fuck that. Example: I rented a room in a house a couple of years ago. There was 4 of us young hip, swinging cats including the resident landlord. The landlord had a bit of cash and confided in me one night over a few glasses of Bell's (his choice, I can't stand that pish. I'm a malt man) that he'd always wanted to convert the roof of the porch on the front of the house into a balcony but he wasn't sure about the legality of it. I said "Who cares? None of us (meaning me and my other 2 housemates) are gonna tell on you (why would we? We'd be too busy partying on the sweet new balcony) and those trees at the end of the garden are at least 20 feet taller than the house so there's no way anyone on a balcony could be seen from the street or from any of the neighbouring gardens. 3 months later we were partying on a sweet new balcony. We also found out from a mate who works for the local planning office that if no-one mentions it to the local authority for 7 years you don't need retrospective planning permission even if "somehow" they find out. This was 3 years ago and, to my knowledge, Col, Don and Si are still partying on their illicit balcony.

Peace

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby gepisar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:43 am

Well, i did wonder if anyone has actually built a freeman house. Seems reasonable to me that if freemen dont consent to statutes, would they consent to building regs?
gepisar

Postby Jim » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:15 am

Interesting. I guess it would depend on the land upon which the house was built. If you had title to the land and none of the neighbours objected (and you could get that in writing) what would be stopping you? You asked where would your remedy/defence be if the bulldozers turned up. That's another question. I guess if some local authority jobsworth is determined to demolish your brand new drum just because you haven't filled in his stupid forms (and paid through the nose for the privilege presumably) then you can't really stop him (short of flinging yourself in front of the approaching 'dozer!) and then it becomes a question of whether the local authority has committed a crime by damaging your property maybe?
Jim

Postby boo boo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:15 am

Jim wrote:Interesting. I guess it would depend on the land upon which the house was built. If you had title to the land and none of the neighbours objected (and you could get that in writing) what would be stopping you? You asked where would your remedy/defence be if the bulldozers turned up. That's another question. I guess if some local authority jobsworth is determined to demolish your brand new drum just because you haven't filled in his stupid forms (and paid through the nose for the privilege presumably) then you can't really stop him (short of flinging yourself in front of the approaching 'dozer!) and then it becomes a question of whether the local authority has committed a crime by damaging your property maybe?

Rob Menard mentions something about this subject in one of his vids,

May b worth you checking it out before building it,

Ask your self what's the cost of planning and building regs compared to the building itself and the destruction of your hard work?
boo boo

Postby Jim » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:31 am

Can you provide a link, boo boo?

I agree. It's a lot of effort to go to and a big committment and big risk just to "test the water."

Peace

J
Jim

Next

Return to Land Claims