TV licence payment using TAMS

BBC related crime in here.

TV licence payment using TAMS

Postby jaybee » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 pm

I've been trying to get my head around TAMS and the Lawful Bank. Roger Hayes is promoting this to pay utility bills and council tax. As I understand it, paying the corporations can be leveraged 10:1 using TAMS.
The TV licence fee funds the BBC and is also collected by the BBC. I object to paying the BBC the £145.50 per annum for permission to view TV programmes. However, using TAMS, I should be able to deposit £100 to get £1000 for TV licence fee payment. This should reduce the TV licence fee to effectively £14.55 per annum.

Am I right in thinking that a TAMS escrow account to pay the TV licence fee can be set up with the Lawful Bank, and effectively reduce my funding of the BBC by 90%? It seems like a great way to get people involved with the Lawful Bank, and also get rid of the TV licence, as it costs the BBC something like £7 of establishment money per licence to cover the licence fee collection costs.
jaybee

Re: TV licence payment using TAMS

Postby pitano1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 am

why not reduce it by 100%.
write,and tell them to get fucked. :clap: :giggle:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby FASEN8R » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 am

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Postby jaybee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:27 pm

pitano1 wrote:why not reduce it by 100%.
write,and tell them to get fucked. :clap: :giggle:

The problem is, that if you don't pay the TV licence fee, and are evidently watching TV as can be seen and/or heard from outside the house, they have the evidence to prosecute someone at the household for TV licence evasion. If you make the situation difficult, they can resort to a search warrant. The situation develops that the BBC wins and the householder loses.
Where I find TAMS interesting is that you can offer to pay the BBC for the permission to watch TV (it sounds ridiculous, I know!) but offer them payment in alternative money to establishment money. I'm not that conversant with legalities, but doesn't this change the position from TV licence evasion to payment as per contract? I offer to pay the BBC the sum required for a TV licence. The BBC does not accept TAMS money as valid. You then turn the tables on the BBC and tell them that TAMS money is as valid as establishment money, and can prove the point in a court of law.
Where the householder wins is that he/she gets 10:1 leveraging on TAMS money for establishment money i.e. £100 deposit at the Lawful Bank gets £1000 liquidity, but the BBC gets 1:1 i.e. £100 from £100 liquidity.

The anti-TV licence campaign is stuck with 5.2% TV licence evasion and that will never get rid of the TV licence because the BBC can still get £3.1billion from the 22 million TV licence payers who likewise, are stuck with paying the TV licence fee. However, if a significant proportion of that 22 million can stand their ground with TAMS money, then the BBC will be faced with less income that can lead to the TV licence being scrapped.
jaybee

Return to T.V. Licence