This has certainly been an eventful afternoon

BBC related crime in here.

Re: This has certainly been an eventful afternoon

Postby spudy » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Freeman Stephen wrote:can you back up your assertions with a judicial opinion spudy? im under the impression your assertion is false because of the definitions of the communications act.

which part and i will see if i have :)

greg wrote:I don't understand why you're talking about court. It's illegal to watch TV without a licence. From what I've seen here there is no evidence to suggest that this is going on, so isn't talk of court cases somewhat premature?

shouldent ever get to court but it does....

and its never to early to set out your defence, especially when this company is involved.
There is no Light and Dark, there is Only Light and its absence!

Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning and unity.

I don't need to be told i am free, i know i am!

peace
spudy

Postby Freeman Stephen » Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 pm

the part where you assert internet access is tv receiving equipment judicially or statutorily.
Freeman Stephen

Postby chomerly » Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Just so I can help bring us back on track a bit,

TV Licensing law for mobile phones and Internet based live tv, i assume, cannot be enforced using any part of the communications act because a mobile phone or computer is not manufactured to be a tv receiver by design.

A computer can only receive network protocol information from the Internet, subject hardware specifications, and any live transmissions of television programs have to first be converted by a receiver in the first place before it can be uploaded.

The argument of a license being needed for a computer being in the home because it may be able to pick up live tv means that everyone in the world would be breaking their (BBC) law if you received those live broadcasts from the Internet.

It just isn't going to happen.

Anyway, could someone advise me on my previous post please.

chomerly wrote:Ok, I see where your coming from with that.
However, in saying that I have never met this man before, wouldn't I be actually committing an act of purgury because obviously I will have met this man before if he comes back with a warrant, a colleague and two police officers?

Also, because I have called the police about the encounter I had with this man previously, there would also be a record on file of that event so it would show that I have met the man in question before.

The only procedure he didn't do, which i thought he should have was that at no point did he ask what my name is.
He just came up the road and went to step up on to my land before I stopped him by asking if I could help him.
At that point he asked if i lived at the address and said yes.
Everything else is as I had explained in my first post, with a few exceptions of irrelevant details.
chomerly

Postby spudy » Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Freeman Stephen wrote:the part where you assert internet access is tv receiving equipment judicially or statutorily.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

that would be a request under a act..telecommunications act 2004...seems apparentlly recivers and trancivers no longer need to recive a airwave..digital can be sent by fiber so anything that can recive it is now covered under said act..

chomerly wrote:Just so I can help bring us back on track a bit,

TV Licensing law for mobile phones and Internet based live tv, i assume, cannot be enforced using any part of the communications act because a mobile phone or computer is not manufactured to be a tv receiver by design.

A computer can only receive network protocol information from the Internet, subject hardware specifications, and any live transmissions of television programs have to first be converted by a receiver in the first place before it can be uploaded.

The argument of a license being needed for a computer being in the home because it may be able to pick up live tv means that everyone in the world would be breaking their (BBC) law if you received those live broadcasts from the Internet.

It just isn't going to happen.

Anyway, could someone advise me on my previous post please.

chomerly wrote:Ok, I see where your coming from with that.
However, in saying that I have never met this man before, wouldn't I be actually committing an act of purgury because obviously I will have met this man before if he comes back with a warrant, a colleague and two police officers?

Also, because I have called the police about the encounter I had with this man previously, there would also be a record on file of that event so it would show that I have met the man in question before.

The only procedure he didn't do, which i thought he should have was that at no point did he ask what my name is.
He just came up the road and went to step up on to my land before I stopped him by asking if I could help him.
At that point he asked if i lived at the address and said yes.
Everything else is as I had explained in my first post, with a few exceptions of irrelevant details.

if you lie in court under oath then yes it is perjury ..if however you havent given oath to tell the truth it isent.

thou to be honest i would say you deal with it as it happens..i can only ever say what i do not what you should..

remember a man walks his own path not follow that of others.

peace
There is no Light and Dark, there is Only Light and its absence!

Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning and unity.

I don't need to be told i am free, i know i am!

peace
spudy

Postby chomerly » Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm

You know,

I've been sitting here thinking that the statute regarding the license fee is payable for watching live broadcasts.
The thing is, what constitutes as a live broadcast because if you watch channels on Sky and Virgin, you invariably end up watching repeats.
Also, when i was at my mates house the other day, his mrs was watching Eastenders on the telly and i thought to myself, can that actually be a live broadcast considering that it's a pre-recorded program?

These are questions that indeed require clarification.

-----edit-------

And can you actually be called a customer if the payments you make to a company/corporation are compulsory?

I'm pretty sure that the inland revenue don't call the people who have been forced to pass money to them customers.
chomerly

Postby pedawson » Tue May 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Wait for Hoover to call and ask if you have a licence to use a vacuum cleaner.

If they are SURE you HAVE a TV then get then to provide the proof. They can do NOTHING without proof and they have to show YOU the proof.
If you have a TV in the house just unplug the aerial and the power and let them check it or connect a DVD player to it without aerial.

I know people who own cars but don't drive them they don't need a licence just in case someone thought they might think about driving it. Hell it is even legal to drive a car on ones own land without a license. The onus is on them to provide the proof.

One thing that pisses them off more than anything, and I am an expert at this, is to ask questions of the questions they ask and then ask a question of their response. It's a little like telling them to fuck off and when they get there to fuck off again.

But you know, I don't have a tv yet I get these ass-holes coming round I just tell them to fuck off and leave it at that. If they say I have a tv, so what, they have no proof and as such have no grounds for a warrant. can't get in can't check = 1 frustrated jackass TVL pimpledick. Maybe he will stress himself into an early grave over it. Who gives a shit. :grin:

Namaste, phil;
Another thought comes to me. They say yo are receiving a signal. What is a signal? Ask them
Are you sending a signal to my property, 'SORRY I do not want to receive your signal, stop sending it. Thank you.'
or ask What is a receiver - I am not an electrical engineer so why should I know what one is?
or I know what vision is, but what does Tele mean?
Keep the guy there for an hour or more because they are paid by the number of visits a day. He will soon stop coming.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby chomerly » Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm

I suppose the one thing in my favour is that at no point did i admit to owning a TV, nor did i deny it either.
At no point did this man ever ask my name and i never offered it to him anyway.

As for getting warrants without any proof, they can do that easier than we could expect because energy companies are doing all the time.

There is a thread, by Bandit1, in the templates section called implied right of access. It has a response from Nowares that highlights the issue of these kangaroo courts giving out warrant as though they were sweets. And they are given on the testimony of the people asking for them.

Don't worry,
You don't need a license to watch it either :giggle:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/04/breaking_and_metering.html
chomerly

Postby huntingross » Tue May 10, 2011 8:51 pm

These TV threads always get tied up in semantics.

The bottom line is "broadcasting" is "reckless abandonement" and there is no way that can be charged.

Its analogous to the farmer broadcasting seed in a stony field. He expects some to wither on the stones and hopes the rest bare fruit.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby pedawson » Tue May 10, 2011 10:29 pm

I read the link, this is about B Gas. They have a right of entry into your house if the meter is inside, this is due to the volatility and danger gas potentially has.
Never never have a meter inside. This does NOT apply to TVL or anyone else for that matter.
But anyhooo back to the tv.

withdraw their right of access and sent a notice letting them know your fee schedule. State you will be charging for future visits and that any 'none requested' appointments / surprise visits will be charged at £X hr or part thereof. No response will be viewed as acquiescence.

Namaste, phil;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby chomerly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:59 am

I totally see what your getting at with the regards to the British gas link but my point was more to do with how these so-called 'courts' seem happy to give out evidence with the say so of some very unscrupulous people.

I have typed up a letter which serves as both a complaint and a notice, to which I've stated that any unauthorised trespass made by them without my strict consent will be met with a fine of £250 plus costs.

That should give them something to think about but I know they will ignore it.
In fact, I'm hoping they do.

Let the games begin.
chomerly

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence