TV Licence Summons

BBC related crime in here.

TV Licence Summons

Postby Buzz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi All,

Was visited by the man from TVL in October.
He asked if I had a telly . I said "No" but just then my little lad turned it up!!!.
Anyway, I said he would have to call back as I had company.
Forgot all about it until today when I received a summons to Wigan magistrates (I live in manchester so why Wigan I dont know!!) on 4th Jan.

According to his statement he "heard" the TV and also observed it through the window and it was BBC and I was watching Wimbledon.
Firstly, the last programme I would ever watch would be tennis. The most boring sport (in my opinion) known to man.
Secondly, I always thought Wimbledon was in June/July??? Not October. :grin: so how could I be watching it?

Any ideas on the best course of action please .
Thanks in anticipation,

Buzz
Buzz

Re: TV Licence Summons

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Wimbledon Monday, 22 June 09-Sunday, 5 July 09 http://2009.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/schedule/schedule21.html
kevin

Postby Buzz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:10 pm

Brilliant :grin:

Thanks for your reply.
Looking forward to going to court now.
As I am quite new to the freemen thing, I am not really confident enough to use it in court, so hopefully this will swing it for me.

Buzz
Buzz

Postby huntingross » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:16 pm

You could do worse than follow spudy's example.....just don't make any rash decisions to bargain at the end, where this one fell apart.....through no fault of his own.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2019&p=21173&hilit=+tvl#p21173
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby MikeThomas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Make sure you get copies of any and all statements they intend to produce in court. And please remember that the statute charge is already proved and that is all the magistrate is interested in, so you need to 'disparge' the witness (TV Licence guy) with his false statement.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby huntingross » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Mike....is this a case where you "plead guilty to the facts".....under their jurisdiction ?....(if it's guilty until proven innocent)....and you have to be certain that the FACTS are established.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby Buzz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

huntingross wrote:You could do worse than follow spudy's example.....just don't make any rash decisions to bargain at the end, where this one fell apart.....through no fault of his own.

Hi Huntingross.

Unfortunately the link says I am unauthorised to view it :blush:
Buzz

Postby vibratingenergy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Buzz wrote:
huntingross wrote:You could do worse than follow spudy's example.....just don't make any rash decisions to bargain at the end, where this one fell apart.....through no fault of his own.

Hi Huntingross.

Unfortunately the link says I am unauthorised to view it :blush:

me too :puzz: had a similar problem with another forum which was rectified by Kevin but here I am again :thinks:
“I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?” - Jalal al-Din Rumi
vibratingenergy

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry, you won't be able to follow the link HR has provided as it's in Moderator chat, Spudy would need to agree to have it moved to another section for you all
kevin

Postby huntingross » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Sorry about that everyone, getting hopes raised.

The basis for the court case was very similar to the story you posted at the top Buzz.

Spud had them on the ropes in court, the TVL guy was bounced out of the witness box for openly lying to the court......Spud only had a few moments left to hold on and the prosecution pulled a wicked stunt which Spud agreed to in the heat of the moment.....the prosecutor leapt up having established joinder and Spud lost.

It was a miserable trick.....but a lesson to us all.

Spud doesn't seem to log on much, but you could PM him perhaps.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Next

Return to T.V. Licence