None Payment, What to Expect

BBC related crime in here.

Re: None Payment, What to Expect

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 pm

emmanualgoldstein wrote:I dont want to piss in the soup but I think most people will find this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/429282370_e3b80627cf.jpg

However theres supposedly only half a dozen or there abouts for the entire country. (I think it was an FOI request I read - maybe theres 8 - I cant remember but its around that figure).

I think you'll find the detector part of that minibus is the guy who drives it
kevin

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 pm

update...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevin

Postby kevin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:33 pm

up-date: now two and a half years since I stopped funding their luxury flights to Barbados, lavish parties and stretch limousines, expensive wines and sticky buns and spent the money on my family.

I still get the same old computer generated letters, all stating (even after all this time) "your details are being passed to our enforcement/investigation division" all roughly the same as the ones posted two years back in previous posts, I have had two visits from two men in suits, I didn't talk to them...they left. if the tv detector van existed (Which I know it doesn't) they would have sent it round and detected my tv.

Don't be scared of these toothless wonders who hide behind their threatening letters. just don't speak to them

have faith, have courage give the money to a good cause...your family
kevin

Postby jonboy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:50 pm

"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby kevin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:26 pm

quotes from the site jonboy posted above:

Posted February 2010

I used to work for TV licencing driving around in the detector van. It was full of fancy looking equipment for show only, NONE OF IT WORKED! They have a database of the houses without licences which they got by selecting streets and looking at who HAS got the licence. The remaining are targeted.

Leaflets will be dropped through those doors advising them to buy a licence as the TV detector van will be in the area in two weeks time. After driving around the area for days on end in a highly visible van with large antennae, leaflets are dropped again through the doors saying they have been picked up by the van and need to buy a licence or face prosecution. Most people pay.

Posted September 2005 (edited)

Dilzybhoy - I had a mate who drove about all day in a "detector" van. He was employed to drive around the schemes with the van with the big aerial and "TV detector Van" plastered on the side. It had nothing in it apart from his sleeping bag and some clothes ... I'm not making it up. I've seen inside it ... Twas in 2000 I was in this "detector" van.

Posted April 2005

clive - Regarding this license threat malarky. I happened to be in a petrol station whilst one was filling up and saw in the back of this tv detector van, absolutely empty, it might not be the case in all detector vans but I would imagine a fair few are decoys.
kevin

Postby chomerly » Tue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I love the bit on the letter that states that they "may interview you under caution, in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984".

Now,

Does anyone that is not an officer of the law, or an authorised agent, have the right to caution anyone?

I've been reading through the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and also the Police Reform Act 2002 and there is not a scratch of information on either that states, or even implies that TVL agents, or any other organisation have the right to caution you anyway.

I'm in the middle of compiling the closest relevant information for both the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and also the Police Reform Act 2002 so that when i have the second lot of Census 'enforcers' come around come around i can sock it to them with no recourse from them.
I'll even record the event for when it comes.

Perhaps the telling in it all should be in the two acts themselves.
The POLICE And CRIMINAL EVIDENCE ACT 1984 and the POLICE Reform Act 2002.

Firstly, the word POLICE should offer up the first telling of what these people are not.
Secondly, the word CRIMINAL, when used by TVL in this instance, is an assumption by them because your not giving them money.
Thirdly, without EVIDENCE how can they refer to you as being a CRIMINAL?
Fourthly, and the most telling of all of this. ACT.

If someone could clarify whether i'm right as to whether TVL and it's agents, or any other organisation, have the power and/or right to place you under caution then please let us know.

I want as much ammo as possible to deal with these cretins.
Last edited by chomerly on Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
chomerly

Postby pitano1 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

think..lady on the till..at your local tesco,and you wont be far out. :grin:

pitano1.

caution `THEM`that they are on private property,and if they dont leave `you`are by law allowed,to use
reasonable force to eject `THEM`.

put up a notice,withdrawing..`implied right of access,to tvl e.t.c
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 am

chomerly wrote:I love the bit on the letter that states that they "may interview you under caution, in line with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984".

Now,

Does anyone that is not an officer of the law, or an authorised agent, have the right to caution anyone?

Found this in pace chomerly:

16 Execution of warrants.E+W
(1)A warrant to enter and search premises may be executed by any constable.
(2)Such a warrant may authorise persons to accompany any constable who is executing it.
[F43(2A)A person so authorised has the same powers as the constable whom he accompanies in respect of—
(a)the execution of the warrant, and
(b)the seizure of anything to which the warrant relates.
(2B)But he may exercise those powers only in the company, and under the supervision, of a constable.]

I'm new to all this but, does that not mean tvl has the same powers as plod when executing a warrant?
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
rebelwithoutaclue

Postby pitano1 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am

that part of pace is refering to bailiffs,which is another scam entirely.

t.v.l inspectors,are neither `constables,or bailiffs`,and have all the powers of a fart in a
hurricane,,, :grin:

to get a warrant,they have to apply to a court,and have a name,also a bloody good reason.
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby pedawson » Wed May 18, 2011 10:22 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I'm new to all this but, does that not mean tvl has the same powers as plod when executing a warrant?

Only if a warrant issued and is accompanied by a 'Constable'. Remember a person in a police uniform is NOT a constable if he refuses to accept his 'OATH'.
Once the 'OATH' is accepted the constable is only able to 'arrest or detain in order to prevent a breach of the peace.

The Warrant 'HAS' to be read and only that which is 'IN' the warrant can be executed. IF the TVL man asks 'ONE' question, this is tantamount to interrogation and the warrant, the TVL man and the 'Constable' have to leave the premises. You should state that the questioning is NOT part of the warrant and you have complied up to the point the warrant was abused.

Play them at their own game.

Namaste, phil;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

PreviousNext

Return to T.V. Licence