None Payment, What to Expect

BBC related crime in here.

None Payment, What to Expect

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:14 am

After you cancel your direct debit, the first letter will arrive just after your next payment was due
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevin

Re: None Payment, What to Expect

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:16 am

The next letter arrives one month later, standard computer letter, it even says they have written "several times"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevin

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 am

I think it was after that I recieved a cheque in the post for the amount I had paid in advance for the next years licence, they make £20 million a year in interest from payment in advance, I cashed the cheque but forgot to scan it.

here is the next letter
kevin

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:21 am

The next letter arrived two months later...same threats as last time
kevin

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:24 am

The next letter arrives one month later, just after a visit from two gentlemen employed by TVL. I didn't talk to them
kevin

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:04 am

Dear TVL,

You could be breaking the law by sending a rainforest of harrassing letters to my address...
emmanualgoldstein

Postby joefree » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:19 am

I like the bit about catching 1,000 evaders everyday = 1,000 x 365 = 365,000 per year. They must be working hard, bless them. And since it's everyday there must be a substantial number of households not paying their license.

One further thought - if everyone actually did pay their license they would all be out of work - is that a definition of ironic?

Joe
Bumper sticker philosophy: "my karma ran over your dogma."
joefree

Postby kevin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:21 am

joefree wrote:I like the bit about catching 1,000 evaders everyday = 1,000 x 365 = 365,000 per year. They must be working hard, bless them. And since it's everyday there must be a substantial number of households not paying their license.

Yes, Busy bees aren't they, I'll bet that figure never changes either, They are even going to use "special detection equipment on my home" :giggle: is that like a detector van? I always say if you want to see if something exists google it and go to images...there will be a picture of it, go on...google TV detector van :rotfl:
kevin

Postby emmanualgoldstein » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:35 am

I dont want to piss in the soup but I think most people will find this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/429282370_e3b80627cf.jpg

However theres supposedly only half a dozen or there abouts for the entire country. (I think it was an FOI request I read - maybe theres 8 - I cant remember but its around that figure).
emmanualgoldstein

Postby mackler » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

I used to live in a block of flats where u could only get in by being buzzed in by a resident (other than a key ofc) and we used to get TV people around all the time, well i say all the time, not that often but often enough for me to remember them. None of us who lived in any of the flats had a license, but none of us would let them in to go knocking on our doors anyways, was kind of a sweet set up really, but you'd have to be a freakin idiot to think they have an army of detector vans around the country looking for unlicensed TV users, i wouldn't like to guess the cost of that, but wouldn't come cheap.
"Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
Baron M.A. Rothschild
mackler

Next

Return to T.V. Licence