Our Ref: COM/453720/EW
Date : 15th May 2009

Mrs R Lewis
XXXXXXXXXX
Highworth
Swindon
xxxxxxx

Dear Mrs Lewis

Thank you for your recent letter, which has been passed to our Customer Relations Department, for my attention.

I understand you are writing to us with an issue with the BBC. I was sorry to learn of your complaint and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I should begin by explaining that the television licence fee is payment for legal permission to receive or record television programme services. The fee which is laid down in legislation, is payable in full regardless of which channels are actually watched, whether BBC,ITV,Channel 4/5 satellite or cable.

I’d like to explain that the TV Licensing act as agents for the BBC who are the Licensing Authority. We are responsible for the collection of licence revenue, the administration of TV Licences, and also the reduction of licence evasion.

As such we are not involved with the production of TV programmes , or responsible for how the licence fee is used. If you have any enquiries or complaints regarding this, they should be directed to the BBC. The address to which to write with your comments is as follows:

Correspondence Manager
BBC Information
PO BOX 1922
Glasgow
G2 3WT

[color=#400FF][i]I hope this information has been helpful, and explains the situation to you.

Yours sincerely
Mrs E Windsor
CuCustomer Relations
I sent notice to Sir Micheal Lyons who has also not answered my questions surprise surprise
Last edited by candygirl on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
candygirl

Re: My replys from tv licence

Postby candygirl » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:46 pm

They are in default and default has been served

CG
candygirl

Postby huntingross » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Always makes me wonder how its a BBC licence fee regardless of the channels you watch.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby candygirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am

huntingross wrote:Always makes me wonder how its a BBC licence fee regardless of the channels you watch.

Well apparently it's not according to tv licenecing???? heh?
I don't get it either and we are all lead to believe it's the tv licence that funds the BBC and when they are questioned about it apparently has nothing to do with BBC it's a fee we pay to enjoy broadcasting. Broadcasting what then?
as far as i can tell it's nothing to do with BBC it's nothing to do with other channels, Just broadcasting right ok so why dosn't bbc have any advertising on it and secondly how does bbc get funded then and by whom???
I was not impressed with the answers i got from tv licencing or Sir Micheal Lyons that's for sure.
cg
candygirl

Postby huntingross » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

A good point....if it's just for broadcasting, then I should pay it even though I don't have a TV.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby candygirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:39 pm

huntingross wrote:A good point....if it's just for broadcasting, then I should pay it even though I don't have a TV.

apparently so and if it is just for broadcasting well that covers a whole spectrum do the policy people pay this tax for broadcating annoucments on their PA systems?
CG
candygirl

Postby huntingross » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Maybe we should enforce that they do
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby candygirl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:49 pm

huntingross wrote:Maybe we should enforce that they do

I agree
Maybe we need to get more clarification on the term Broadcasting ? Cos i am well confused now about tv licence and what it's for i thought it was for the BBC now i am told it is nothing to do with the BBC by the BBC firstly when on earth did it change?
Peace
CG
candygirl

Postby pitano1 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:05 pm

hi candygirl.

you feel a bit confused?

this is the reply i got,

dear mr bla bla.

thanks for your letter of july 27 to sir michael lions,it has been passed to us by the bbc trust as it relates to matters in the first instance,are the responsibility of the bbc`s management.under the royal charter the trust has the distinct role of setting high-level bla bla,but responsibility for day to day decisions rests with bbc managment so your letter has been forwarded to us to respond on their behalf.

with regard to your concerns i can advise that the loan from the eib actually involves bbc WORLWIDE,which is one of the bbc`s commercial subsidiaries THAT OPERATES AT ARMS LENGTH FROM THE BBC, bbc worldwide is sef financing and has no access to licence funds.[need loan for what]

the loan does not carry any obligations to the bbc.

the loan was used so that the bbc worldwide could buy rights to more shite commissioned by the bbc which can be sold to GLOBAL markets

the bbc worldwide used the european investment bank loan rather then its own borrowing facility because it was cheaper,...

the ONLY attatched CONDITIONS are the NORMAL? commercial and financial COVENANTS. [wtf]

yours sincerely

jacqui macdonald

bbc complaints.

I COMPLAINED ABOUT TREASON,and i dont see any outright denial in this.

what i do see is a very slick bit of buck passing.and behind the scenes bs.

if bbc worldwide is WORLDWIDE are they saying the uk is not of this world?

wellcome to the british brainwashing corparation.

if they spin much more they will disappear up their own arses.

peace/love pitano1 :clap:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby kevin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:00 pm

pitano1 wrote:
thanks for your letter of july 27 to sir michael lions,it has been passed to us by the bbc trust as it relates to matters in the first instance,are the responsibility of the bbc`s management.under the royal charter the trust has the distinct role of setting high-level bla bla,but responsibility for day to day decisions rests with bbc managment so your letter has been forwarded to us to respond on their behalf.

with regard to your concerns i can advise that the loan from the eib actually involves bbc WORLWIDE,which is one of the bbc`s commercial subsidiaries THAT OPERATES AT ARMS LENGTH FROM THE BBC, bbc worldwide is sef financing and has no access to licence funds.[need loan for what]

the loan does not carry any obligations to the bbc.

the loan was used so that the bbc worldwide could buy rights to more shite commissioned by the bbc which can be sold to GLOBAL markets

the bbc worldwide used the european investment bank loan rather then its own borrowing facility because it was cheaper,...

the ONLY attatched CONDITIONS are the NORMAL? commercial and financial COVENANTS. [wtf]

yours sincerely

jacqui macdonald

bbc complaints.

:

so how does this sit with this site from Channel 4 which is run by BBC Worldwide

8. In some cases, the BBC’s commercial activities generate profits that can then be used to supplement the BBC’s guaranteed licence fee income of over £3.2 billion per annum. In 2007/08, for example, BBC Worldwide made a profit of £118 million. Ofcom reports that BBC Worldwide’s net contribution to the BBC in 2007/08 amounted to £75 million in programme investment plus a £50 million general dividend.1 The BBC estimates that BBC Worldwide will generate profits of £200 million by 2012/13.
Public ownership has helped the BBC’s commercial activities to make a strong contribution
9. Thanks to its public ownership, BBC Worldwide has been able to make a strong contribution to the PSB system. Like Channel 4, which is also free from external shareholders, BBC Worldwide has been able to return its profits to the BBC to invest in public service content

http://www.channel4.com/microsites/F/foia/documents/2008/c4-cms-com-bbc-commercial-final.pdf
the above is a link from this site http://www.channel4.com/microsites/F/foia/class-3.html the link is "Commercial operations of the BBC" not "BBC Worldwide"

So who is lying to us?
kevin

Next

Return to T.V. Licence