NATWEST CC 'bill' Discharge letter: UPDATE

Re: NATWEST CC 'bill' Discharge letter: UPDATE

Postby Sophia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

Great stuff, and bill them for every communication they then send you - if they do of course. Warn them that this will be the consequence of contacting you. Should you get called, then get the name, address, dob of the caller as they are in breach of the harassment act and you intend to take action ... this really freaks the individual concerned. I charge £750 per letter and £500 per call or sms, at the moment :-) They never ever want to give their names, it's so pathetic.
lol :sun:
Sophia

Postby rhiannon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:54 am

Sophia wrote:Great stuff, and bill them for every communication they then send you - if they do of course. Warn them that this will be the consequence of contacting you. Should you get called, then get the name, address, dob of the caller as they are in breach of the harassment act and you intend to take action ... this really freaks the individual concerned. I charge £750 per letter and £500 per call or sms, at the moment :-) They never ever want to give their names, it's so pathetic.
lol :sun:

Thanks Sophia.

When I started this I knew it was a scam from the research I had done, but I didnt know it through my own experience. Now I see what a bluff it is. They need me to contract with them. thats what the 'call immediately' is all about.

Am sending it today, adding on the charges
rhiannon

Postby catch » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 am

Not sure if this information will help you but on Wednesday the 7th of October the Express ran an article headline
Bank in Dock over £8,000 credit card bill. The judge ruled that MBNA could not recover the money because the lender MBNA could not provide a copy of the signed loan agreement.

It appeared to say this could open the floodgates for claims.

It did go on to say that debt charities are concerned about such practises and urged everyone not to look for legal loopholes and pay the debts where they could.
Otherwise where would it all end.
catch

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:10 pm

catch wrote:
It did go on to say that debt charities are concerned about such practises and urged everyone not to look for legal loopholes and pay the debts where they could.

Well they make a very good living from debt don't they, they may be charities but they don't work for free
kevin

Postby rhiannon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:28 pm

We have paid. We have paid through our labour.
tbtb way way back in time invented ownership and money. I beleive there was a time when everything just 'was'. There was no greed because everyone knew whatever they needed was there or could be made.
All 'debts' are illusional.

People like CAB and deb charities seem to want to come to payment arrangemens- keeping you in the loop somehow. Getting whaever they can.
rhiannon

Postby rhiannon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:21 pm

The 'Debt collection agency' has now written back to me saying that:

- as they are a trading name of Royal Bank Scotland, they are legally allowed to chase the debt. Apparently when I applied it said they could do this in the t's and c's. They are not a third party, they say.

- They demand that I pay within 14 days or they take further action

_-They demand again that if I want a copy of the contract I must apply under the consumer credit act

What further action can they take?????
rhiannon

Postby rodgreenwell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Rhiannon,

I am in a similar situation with NatWest over a loan agreement, although they have gone straight to litigation through Incasso LLp a firm of solicitors...

Interestingly though when you phone NatWest Credit Management Services in Telford (the number on the official NatWest letterhead) it is answered by...uhmmm you guessed it Triton Credit Services. The irony here is that they are not National Westminster! They are an independent company who form part of the RBS Group but are not the National Westminster Bank... Stick to your guns and ask them for proof

Some thoughts:
Is the DCA letter signed by a a) real name b) wet ink signature? NO so invalid legally.
Is Triton the practising name of a DCA employed by the NatWest / RBS group" - If they are then how can they not be third parties if they are employed by them? Have you checked out their address and website? google triton credit services
Have you got a copy of your agreement? - is it a certified copy? Have the shown it complies with the 4 elements of contract law? What is on the other side?

Ask them about their third party status.
example:Is it not the case that third parties have no legal standing in any matter between XXX and XXXX

What about conditional acceptance: I conditionally accept that.... on proof that of claim that you are able to provide a contract signed by both parties sworn under affidavit as a true certified copy and under full personal and commercial liability whereby I or the above party has consented and agreed to yourselves being involved in my or the above party’s commercial affairs, etc. You could also throw in something like should you be relying on any clause in any supposed contract between XXX or myself with XXXXXX, then please provide the evidence as stated above.

Finish with something like I DID NOT and DO NOT give you permission to interfere with my or the above party’s commercial affairs and so will decline any further communication regarding any alleged debt and unless you are able to provide the above evidence then this is a formal request to return any records you hold on XXXX to (Bank) and myself and confirm in writing that all other records have been destroyed.

Just some thoughts for you and I am sure others will follow.

Best of luck...

Rod
rodgreenwell

Postby Arten » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:05 pm

[quote="rhiannon"]I am going to send them this. Any correspondance after this, I will return to sender 'Incorrectly addressed'
after all, I have asked them to address my human self - which they won't, because co=operations cannot contract with human beings, only other co=operations.

This is from Veronica's template.

http://templates.fmotl.com/DCATemplate.php

Hello everyone lol some here will know me from John's site this is my first post to this site. A while back I saw a post on this forum where someone had used the above template and then they fired of a second notice apparently missing the respondents letter in the post. They then stated that the alleged debt was retracted by the Credit Card Company / Bank.
Does anyone have the link? It would be much appreciated!

Arten
Arten

Postby rhiannon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks for the replies

This is the actual letter I received from them

22nd October 2009
my strawman address

Dear Miss ********

We Write with reference to your recent correspondance regarding the above outstanding debt.
As clearly stated on all of our letters, Triton credit Services is a trading name of the Royal Bank of scotland plc, and subsequently National westminster Bank Plc. We would also like to point out that as stated in your terms and conditions which you signed upon opening this account; National westminster bank Plc may allow another person to take over any rights of their duties under the agreement and that you authorise them to do this. As such, Triton Credit Services are not a third party company and have full authority to deal with your account.

As requested, we can confirm that all telephone numbers we hold for you have been removed from our files and all future correspondance will be done in wrtitng.

If you require a copy of the original credit agreement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; you must put this full request in writing along with the statutory £1.00 fee. Once this has been received, all documentation will be issued to you.

The full balance as noted above is due for immediate collection and as such, you must contact this office within 14 days of the date of this letter with your proposals of repayment.

Failure to comply with the above will leave us with n alternative but to take further action against you without warning or delay.

Yours sincerely

For Triton Credit services(illegible squiggle, and NO printed name )

....Triton credit Services is a trading name of Royal Bank of scotalnd plc
rhiannon

Postby rhiannon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 pm

hurrumph.......

I Don't know how to handle this one, really. Am thinking of a letter along the lines of ........

-Dear Squiggle of the Triton Credit Services family

Respectfully and with love, I must inform you that :

- I am NOT Miss Strawman, and any further corespondance to Miss Strawman will be returned unopened.
-I conditionally accept to be Miss stawman, If you can provide proof that I am, which you cannot.
- I conditionally accept to pay the three thousand and whatever pounds if you can provide a lawful valid contract between myself and Triton Credit services for royal bank of scotland for Natwest- THAT SHOWS FULL ACCOUNTING THAT IS NOT BASED ON FRAUD OR MERE BOOKEEPING ENTRIES.
(under penalty of perjury etc)
Your failure to do this will result in my assumption of lawful estoppel by your aquiesence.

I do not contract you nor aknowledge any debt to you.

I do not permit you to pass my details to any third party.

If you really want a pound, here is a pound postal order.

From my human self ....

This was just off the top of my head.....
rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to Credit cards