Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby booibooi » Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 am

huntingross wrote:How far through the agreement are you....is it half way through they can't take it off you without a court order (enforcement)

I don't honestly see how an agreement on the wrong vehicle is a properly executed agreement....



Bought the van dec 07

so im not to the half way mark yet,

Im more bothered that the garage and bank have paper trails and the factthat ive been paying for it must mean i knew about it :cry:
''you have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play it better than anyone else''

Albert Einstein
booibooi
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby huntingross » Tue May 26, 2009 12:40 pm

I wouldn't worry about that as such....you were paying it because you were led to believe it was "legal" by their advice.

The CCA 1974 does requires them to send paperwork at your request for the sum of £1...issue a money order, not cheque.

When the 'entire' body of paper is delivered, make a decision at that time for what action to take.

I would guess if they had it they would have sent it....
Success nourishes hope
User avatar
huntingross
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: FIDACH, Near Edinburgh

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby booibooi » Tue May 26, 2009 5:02 pm

huntingross wrote:I wouldn't worry about that as such....you were paying it because you were led to believe it was "legal" by their advice.

The CCA 1974 does requires them to send paperwork at your request for the sum of £1...issue a money order, not cheque.

When the 'entire' body of paper is delivered, make a decision at that time for what action to take.

I would guess if they had it they would have sent it....




LOL,

I must have at least 4 credit agreements here after i requested them and guess what there all for a ford transit :puzz:
''you have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play it better than anyone else''

Albert Einstein
booibooi
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby huntingross » Tue May 26, 2009 5:34 pm

I don't know what else to suggest.....I don't think they have it...

You could get the OFT involved, they can penalise the credit company fot non compliance.

Or go down the freeman route and get them to prove claim etc etc.
Success nourishes hope
User avatar
huntingross
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: FIDACH, Near Edinburgh

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby booibooi » Tue May 26, 2009 5:42 pm

huntingross wrote:I don't know what else to suggest.....I don't think they have it...

You could get the OFT involved, they can penalise the credit company fot non compliance.

Or go down the freeman route and get them to prove claim etc etc.



Cheers bud,

i need to seek some guidance on this then plan my strategy :giggle:
''you have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play it better than anyone else''

Albert Einstein
booibooi
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby huntingross » Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm

PM tigereyes (tigs) I'm sure she could help....just haven't seen her around for a week or more
Success nourishes hope
User avatar
huntingross
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:29 pm
Location: FIDACH, Near Edinburgh

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby booibooi » Tue May 26, 2009 6:23 pm

huntingross wrote:PM tigereyes (tigs) I'm sure she could help....just haven't seen her around for a week or more



Thanks pal
''you have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play it better than anyone else''

Albert Einstein
booibooi
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby kevin » Tue May 26, 2009 6:27 pm

i would stop paying, they'll soon write to you, if they tell you you've missed payments on the transit i think they have nothing on you for the merc, that's the way it seems to me
kevin
Newbie
Newbie
 

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby booibooi » Tue May 26, 2009 6:30 pm

kevin wrote:i would stop paying, they'll soon write to you, if they tell you you've missed payments on the transit i think they have nothing on you for the merc, that's the way it seems to me



Ive thought about it many a time,

Challenging my laons/cards were a doddle compared to this,so i need to proceed with caution :puzz:
''you have to learn the rules of the game.
And then you have to play it better than anyone else''

Albert Einstein
booibooi
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Consumer Credit Act - Threshold of Success

Postby tigereyes » Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi folks, thanks for pointing in the direction of PMing me, no worries! sorry been out of action , had some rather bad family news and had to take time out to sort it, hence why i need to catch up on one or two things, hopefully get back to normal soon, whatever that means for me lol :rotfl: ,booibooi have PM'd you back :shake:
hugs
Tigs x :sun:
tigereyes
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:29 am
Location: North Coast

PreviousNext

Return to Credit cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron