Court Summons

Court Summons

Postby Dupree » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:33 am

Hi All

Newbie here. I'll cut to the chase, I have received the "blue form" from Nottingham Bulk clearing centre inviting me to participate in an ongoing wrangle with RBS and its solicitors over an alleged credit card debt. This has been going on for over a year with me sending the appropriate letters and receiving little of substance in return. I was wondering on the best way to proceed. I don't want to ignore it resulting in automatic judgement and yet don't want to give jurisdiction to the court.

Any suggestions?
Dupree

Re: Court Summons

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 am

Look at the paperwork and see if it's not too late to have the case moved to your local county court. Northampton County Court is no more that than someone in an office 'rubber stamping' the forms.
BTW: Does the contract with RBS have the required wet signitures of both parties?
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Re: Court Summons

Postby Dupree » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm

The alleged "contract" does not have any signature from RBS and is the only piece of paper (photocopy) I have received (from the solicitor and not RBS). I don't think I can move to my local court and I need to reply by Monday next week.
Of interest is the "signature" of the solicitor on the form which is just a computer generated name. I am not fully convinced that the solicitors are actually representing the bank and have not simply bought the alleged debt. I have been unable to get any certified proof from them or RBS that they are acting on behalf of the bank. Interestingly, this is the second set of solicitors that RBS have apparently engaged. The first practice ran a mile and closed the file on me once I had written to them explaining my position.

I might just make a declaration to the court challenging its jurisdiction and explaining my position and also send yet another letter to RBS explaining that I am willing to repay the alleged debt if they furnish me with all the documents I have requested for over a year.
Dupree

Return to Credit cards