Lloyds TSB – helping relatives

Lloyds TSB – helping relatives

Postby Phil: C » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I recently started to help relatives deal with about 30,000 pounds worth of debt. It’s very early days yet and I’m still trying to get Lloyds Terribly Shitty Bankers to deal directly with me. They sent me a Third Party Authorisation form for my relatives to sign which was completely unfit for purpose, and included the phrase “I retain sole responsibility for the account”. Needless to say I wrote a more suitable one, and sent it with the following letter:
Stone, Staffordshire [near STxxxx]

To: Lloyds TSB (putting them below me, where they belong!)
Collections Centre, Three City Park,
The Droveway, Hove, BN3 7AU

Date: 2010, May 17

Dear illegible whorl, Manager, Collections Centre,

Please find enclosed a Third Party Authorisation relating to the following three account numbers, as requested by you in your letter dated May the 7th 2010 and received by me on May the 14th 2010:

xxxxxxxxxx (Personal Loan)
xxxxxxxxxx (Personal Loan)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Bank account).

Please note that as a precaution against fraud a high resolution electronic scan of the signatures on these Authorisations has been retained.

Please respond to my letter dated 26/04/10, a copy of which is enclosed for your convenience.

Sincerely, and without malice or ill will,

Phil: of the Cxxxxxxx family.

There’s no getting around the necessity of sending signatures to TSB as far as I can see, but they signed over the top of a complex, coloured graphic. If there are any attempts at forgery in the future I’ll be able to prove it.
It’s 3 weeks since this went off and still no response. Good, the longer they take the better!
_______________________________________Phil: C
"There's no saviours hanging around" The Oyster Band
"We are normal and we want our freedom" The Bonzo Dog Band
Phil: C

Re: Lloyds TSB – helping relatives

Postby holy vehm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:44 pm

Phil: C wrote:Please respond to my letter dated 26/04/10, a copy of which is enclosed for your convenience.

You should maybe have included a timelimit, in this case 7 days would have been suffice. Without a timeframe they can take as long as they deem reasonable.
Also is it a letter or a notice?
To me you are notifiying them, so in big letters, NOTICE THIS, THIS IS A NOTICE, IT IS NOTIFYING YOU, PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF NOTIFIED. YOU HAVE SEVEN (7) DAYS TO RESPOND.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby Phil: C » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi hv, thanks for the comment.
My aim at the moment is to get them to deal with me directly, but I'm in no rush. There is not much they can do at the moment - the bank account has been emptied and closed down, so they can't dip into it and my relatives are moving house soon. This all helps to stitch TSB up a bit. Once they start talking to me they'll get the benefit of notices with all the usual clauses in.

Postby Phil: C » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:47 pm

I just followed up the last letter with this one:
letter 03.gif

They WILL talk to me eventually. They'll have no choice. :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Credit cards