Unsure how to proceed with Barclaycard...

Unsure how to proceed with Barclaycard...

Postby laughingcat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:07 pm

I moved house a few months ago but forgot to tell Barclaycard. Now I've stopped paying them, (along with a couple of other companies, but they know my new address and I am in "discussions" with them) but am not sure whether I should start sending out notices or wait for them to find me! My barclaycard was taken out 12 years ago with a very low limit, although it is much higher now! I'm sure I never signed anything as the card came with a Barclays student account. So they certainly won't have a signed agreement which means it'll be more straightforward for me to win against them. But the question is whether I just wait for them to find me - as there's no contract why should I chase them? Also, I have been unable to retrieve any letters they might have sent to my old address so have no option of "replying" to a demand for payment. Really don't know what to do for the best... Any advice would be most appreciated!
laughingcat

Re: Unsure how to proceed with Barclaycard...

Postby nameless » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 pm

As you already have plenty on the go at the moment, I think that I would be inclined to let sleeping dogs lie for the time being. After all, it is your own 'money' you borrowed so you shouldn't have a conscience, just in case you thought I was being dishonourable.

Let us know what you decide to do.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby Veronica » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm

As nameless says ... go at your own speed.

But don't ever take on too much in one go.

Many others are taking on Barclaycard et al.

laughingcat wrote:... but they know my new address and I am in "discussions" with them) but am not sure whether I should start sending out notices or wait for them to find me!

I'm just a bit confused. You say they know your new address ... and then suggest the possibility of "waiting for them to find you"?
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby laughingcat » Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Sorry, I meant the other companies know my new address. Barclaycard don't. I think I'll just leave this one alone until they manage to trace me (or not). Then I'll ask for the Agreement, which I know doesn't exist. Thanks for the advice :grin:
laughingcat

Postby nameless » Tue May 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Would you consider using the remittance slip as a cheque? There is quite a lot of discussion at the moment regarding these.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Return to Credit cards