mistake made

mistake made

Postby holy vehm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 am

i have made a mistake with regards dealing with the halifax with on overdraft and one of their credit cards.
When i first got into this i just stopped paying with the intention of dealing with them with the notices ect. i got sidetracked with all the other companies im dealing with that i forgot to come back to it.
upto now i have'nt send anything or spoken to them and as yet they have'nt sent me a notice of default.

So what i was thinking was bringing the accounts upto date and then starting the process of notices.

I think it was huntingross the pointed out on another thread that it is better to make payments until you have gone through the process otherwise you default which adds controversy on your part. This makes sense hence why im thinking of bringing the account upto date.

Can anyone offer any advice on the above.

many thanks
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Re: mistake made

Postby nameless » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Would you consider AFVing the credit card?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby holy vehm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:54 am

hi nameless, i havent paid to much attention to AFV before to be honest but i have just started going through some threads to gain some knowledge.
is this something you have tried, if so how did you get on?
do you have any pointers?
can you AFV at any point, even after default?

hv
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Postby huntingross » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi hv

I would agree with your decision to bring the account up to date for the reasons you make, even a covering letter to apologise for the error would grease the wheels.

A4V remains a dubious benefit to my mind and possibly a liability until the process is proven.

I'm aware of one issue only which still hasn't been confirmed as settled.....all other UK stories to date remain unproven in my opinion.
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby holy vehm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm

hi hr, thanks for that. Ive been wary of avf and stuck to learning notices and noicor.
I read today that only as little as 10% maybe successfull in afv. its not so much that it does work, but that its a discrectionary thing. it depends on who recieves it.
how long do you recommend leaving it once payments start again and starting the notices?

hv
holy vehm

Postby nameless » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi holy velm

I haven't done credit cards yet, but have been studying Ralph Fisher's audios. It may be possible to AFV through the IRS using an EIN, which I already have. Have you listened to any of the audios?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby holy vehm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

no but ive bookmarked the thread you refer to (audio tapes). ive been reading threads today on afv. it seems more likely to work everywhere except the uk, something to do with written constitutions which we dont have.
some people are just writing on the bills and posting them to the billing agent, some to the treasury and some going as far as searching for the ein number through the american treasury/irs.
i dont know where to start first to be honest.

hv
holy vehm

Postby huntingross » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:51 pm

holy vehm wrote:how long do you recommend leaving it once payments start again and starting the notices?

Immediately...

Being in honour and polite are not mutually exclusive of asserting your rights.

good luck
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby hannamarin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:56 pm

everybody makes some mistakes, check http://getessayeditor.com/blog/common-cover-letter-mistakes-you-should-avoid for getting to kow what comon cover letter mistakes you can avoid!
hannamarin

Return to Credit cards