money owed on credit card - help needed

Re: money owed on credit card - help needed

Postby kevin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 pm

iwontdowhatyoutellme wrote:stoped payments with virgin and had a letter from MBMA asking why i have stopped... should i send the letter above?
also i have other accounts with virgin... is there anyway they could take the money from these other accounts to pay my debt?

yes they'll take your money from other accounts to pay that one, move everything and close the accounts

have a good read of the forum, it's all here, Steve's case here is a good one to start with..... viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3386
kevin

Postby iwontdowhatyoutellme » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

thanks kevin, i have withdrawn all money... only thing is i have a pension with them.... i cant withdraw this, could they take this?
iwontdowhatyoutellme

Postby iwontdowhatyoutellme » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Im sending this letter out... look ok to everyone?
this will be the 1st letter ive sent.

To: MBNA
Royal Avenue
Widnes
WA88 1AS

Dear Sir/Madam

Re. Account: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

It has come to my attention that we may not have a valid contract.

I would be happy to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe as soon as I receive these three documents:

1. Validation of the debt (the actual accounting)
2. Verification of your claim against me (sworn affidavit or even a signed invoice)
3. A copy of the contract binding both parties, signed by both parties in which my wet signature is within the four corners of the document and not apart from it.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, then remove the incorrect entry from your systems.

Furthermore, I will not enter into any verbal communication over the telephone. I will only accept written responses for my records.

All rights and privileges reserved.

Yours faithfully,

shaun from the Williams family.
iwontdowhatyoutellme

Postby hypnopaul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 pm

iwont,

there are a couple of things i did which was to send a copy to the CEO and to the collections department (usually found on your statement) the CEO you will have to google.

You should also put on the number of days you are giving them to validate their claim 10 or 14 or whatever you think is a reasonable time scale. I would suggest looking a Veronica's debt busting software and download it I think you'll find it on the main page though not sure so you might have to scout around for it.
by what authority are you using that name to identify a living man?
hypnopaul

Postby iwontdowhatyoutellme » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi, i sent this letter recorded delivery, with 10 working days as the time limit..... i have still not recived anything back from MBNA.
I have how ever had a letter from "Global Vantedge"
Asking for the overdue amount on behalf of MBNA.
On the letter it says i should not write to "Global Vantedge" other than to send payment, so im guessing directing the letter to MBNA was correct.

Well as i have said i have not recieved anything back in response, what should my next letter be to MBNA??

Thanks in advance
iwontdowhatyoutellme

Postby kenlionheart » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm

iwontdowhatyoutellme wrote:On the letter it says i should not write to "Global Vantedge"
:grr: :grr:

WHAT!!

I would have just returned it to sender "NO CONTRACT!"
kenlionheart

Postby nameless » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:00 pm

iwontdowhatyoutellme wrote:thanks kevin, i have withdrawn all money... only thing is i have a pension with them.... i cant withdraw this, could they take this?

Can you write to your pension provider and give them new banking details? Many people change banks and request their pensions to go into the new bank.
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby iwontdowhatyoutellme » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

so the money in my pension i can legally get paid back into my bank account?
what should the next response be? "as ive not heard anything, i consider this credit card debt non existant as wish for my account to be closed" somthing along those lines?
iwontdowhatyoutellme

Postby MrFrodo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi IWDWUTM :D

Firstly are you familiarwith the loan, credit card, mortgage & banking scam is? If so great, read on. If not I recommend watching Money as debt and Money as debt 2 on youtube and 'money masters' on googlevideo. Veronica of this site FMOTL.com has some information on the main page that goes into this also. Freetheplanet.net also contains many useful resources and is a goldmine for information. Should you know the basics of the money scam then proceed by chosing your method.

There are a few ways to skin a rat as you've probably realsied by now, one involves just wiping the debt which can be done by requesting certain proofs if claim as I can see you are aware.You can however learn a method for both writing off said debt that includes the ability to raise a commercial injury claim against these people which can be viewed here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=2021&start=0

It needs to be read and adapted for your particular situation but i recommend it as a valued source of knowledge for you. Regardless of whether you want to raise a commercial injury claim or not the thread describes the sort of administrative prodeedure to utilise.

MrFrodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Postby shinobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:01 pm

iwontdowhatyoutellme wrote:thanks kevin, i have withdrawn all money... only thing is i have a pension with them.... i cant withdraw this, could they take this?

Not sure but I suggest you find out very quickly. I'd try the Consumer Action Group for that kind of question.

If I understand you correctly, you have a private pension with a company you "owe" money to. You may want to look at the possibilty of moving the pension to another provider. My feeling is if they can do it they would only do so as a last resort, but you need to be sure of the legal position on this as the banks will obey statute (when it suits them!) and courts etc without question.
shinobi

PreviousNext

Return to Credit cards