12 Notices sent and various replies received any suggestions

12 Notices sent and various replies received any suggestions

Postby steve2577 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Everybody I am new to the site but have been followoing things for a few months this is my first post so I hope it doesn't annoy anybody if I go over some old ground.

I am currently out of work and have been struggling with debt for many years I have tried to manage the situation but it has taken it's toll with my working life, family life and health in short I am desperate but have a strong belief in the principals of the other members of this site, I have always wanted to help others in any situation but now find myself for the first time asking for help and encouragement from others, I hope this doesn't offend in anyway.

I have sent 12 notices to various CC companies following the standard template styles and signed in Gold Ink as (firstname in lower case:surname which is signed.

I have received a reply from Tesco CC which clearly states they have been unable to locate a copy of my original application on their system and are unable to assist me.

I received a photocopy of a blank contract from Barclaycard.

I received some strong demands from both Lloyds and HFC but as yet nothing ref any contract.

The one worrying me is from American Express which is like a large file and they have managed to locate and produce a photocopy of my original contract with them and it is this that I really need some advice on.

Many Regards steve
steve2577

Re: 12 Notices sent and various replies received any suggestions

Postby huntingross » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 pm

The courts seem to be accepting copies....the feeling is they shouldn't but try and convince them of that.

Notwithstanding that fact....is it actually your signature on the copy.....did you actually ever sign one....check it under a microscope (literally)....
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Postby kevin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:44 pm

steve2577 wrote:
I have received a reply from Tesco CC which clearly states they have been unable to locate a copy of my original application on their system and are unable to assist me.

excellent news

steve2577 wrote:I received a photocopy of a blank contract from Barclaycard.

Excellent news (you will of course kindly sign it for them wont you :giggle: )

steve2577 wrote:I received some strong demands from both Lloyds and HFC but as yet nothing ref any contract.

Excellent news

well your doing pretty good so far
steve2577 wrote:The one worrying me is from American Express which is like a large file and they have managed to locate and produce a photocopy of my original contract with them and it is this that I really need some advice on.

check their signature too
kevin

Postby steve2577 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Kevin thanks

I am waiting on a further 9 replies but the Amex one went against what I was expecting you are right there is no signature from them where it specifically states Authorised by Amex so Excellent News.

I must admit a problem shared is a problem halved you dont know how much releif it is just to get another opinion for the last few years everything has been a struggle. Lost my Job, Self Esteem and if I'm not careful about to ruin my family's life so again it was a very simple thing you did by replying but you can't realise what is is like to get some advice. :hug:

Cheers again
steve2577

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Sounds to me like you're going great guns, steve2577. Remember, the burden of proof is on the party making the claim. "They" claim you are in their debt. Can they prove it? No? What debt?

Peace

J
All rights reserved, all wrongs reversed.
Jim

Postby kevin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:56 pm

they'll lie, cheat and deceive you if they can, their letters are carefully worded to make it sound like they have a position which is stronger than it really is, DCA's can't touch you if the debt is in dispute. if the can't produce a contract signed by both you and them then you dispute the debt exists...simple
kevin

Postby phillwelsh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi mate,
Excellent news on a few of those loans!

I had exactly the same problem as yourself. You will find a few people on this site who have had exactly the same reply. They reply I sent was simply I could not accept copies of contracts and the original documents must be verified by myself or an appointed agent. Also remember that just because a credit agreement is provided they are still to give you full disclosure and proof of equal consideration.

Have a read here viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2171
The first few pages of this thread involves your problem!

Rock on!
Phill
Dont ya know there aint no devil, thats just god when he's drunk!

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! From now on its Phill of the family Nice Guy!!!
phillwelsh

Postby steve2577 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:06 pm

OK Guys just a bit about myself and my current predicament which I know will be a familiar one to you all.

Over 10 years I racked up debts on credit cards totalling £197k and boy was it difficult to keep the balls in the air. I also used to work for a company based in London selling IT solutions to Pharmacautical companies (this was a very high pressue environment) I was booted out 3 days before I completed 1 years service for this company and have been out of work since Dec 2008. I am 50 years old and have worked all my life mainly in high pressue environments (Millitary then Computer Sales).

I consider myself as being ultra cool and unflappable but the shear stress after a while seems to take a lot out of you.

I have been treated quite badly by the various CC companies but dont want to bore you with the mundane stuff.

I re-mortgaged my house last year and paid off half my debts but again the pressure has been on, my blood pressure is through the roof and it just seems to grind you down. I probably should of done this years ago but just too scard to face the problem. If it's OK I will post details of the replies I receive from the other leeches (CC companies) as I get them.
steve2577

Postby phillwelsh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi mate,
Seems like you really have had a tough time. Im sure we can all advise you i some way to get your blood pressure settled a little :grin:

If it's OK I will post details of the replies I receive from the other leeches (CC companies) as I get them.

the more you post the easier it is for people to understand what's going on so type up all the letters you receive and we can all have a good look and give our opinions.

rock on!
Phill
Dont ya know there aint no devil, thats just god when he's drunk!

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! From now on its Phill of the family Nice Guy!!!
phillwelsh

Postby kevin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:31 pm

phillwelsh wrote:
the more you post the easier it is for people to understand what's going on so type up all the letters you receive and we can all have a good look and give our opinions.

rock on!
Phill

Or scan them and up load them to save all that typing :sweat:
kevin

Next

Return to Credit cards