Insurance Claims industry

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Insurance Claims industry

Postby Ingy » Tue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm

I will cut this as short as possible...

My partner in her car hits a cyclist in an a debatable accident. The cyclist makes a claim on insurance based upon lies as my other half sees the accident in a different light to the claiment.

We are afraid of having to pay out for something that is not our fault and is a case of a cyclist doing the obvious in this 'compensation nation' by making a bit of a false claim for compo.

Do we just simply oppose the claim or is there anything more we can do to add weight to our counter claim?

Any info at all concerning insurance on a car?

Any thoughts anybody?

Re: Insurance Claims industry

Postby holy vehm » Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Claim and counter claim.

They have made a claim
You must counter the claim.

Write to the insurance company and spell out your side of the story and that you except no liability.
If the insurance company wish to settle this matter then that is upto them but you will except no financial penalty for them doing so such as higher premiums.

He with the most evidence will win, if they do not have any then there is no real hope of them proving their claim against you, it is just hearsay and that isnt enough.

This has reminded me of another story that i will post up in a separate thread.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Return to Motoring issues