The Price of Petrol/Diesel

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

The Price of Petrol/Diesel

Postby frogmanbrabs » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I just put petrol in my car that was advertised at £1.35.9 /litre. Firstly how do you pay .9 of a penny? When I stopped the pump at 1 litre the cost read £1.37. The final cost was £10 but that was for 7.35 litres. Work that out. 7.35 x £1.359 = £9.98865 or if you round it up £9.99 but according to the pump £10. Now I know this is only 1p above the amount but why are petrol stations allowed to advertise their product in a denomination which is not payable? If you go to Asda or any other supermarkets they don't advertise bananas at 39.9p/kilo so why are we all too reluctant to say something about the cost of fuel. Tell me your thoughts.
An Open Mind can take you on a journey to anywhere.
frogmanbrabs

Re: The Price of Petrol/Diesel

Postby Freeman Stephen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:01 pm

They calculate and charge by the penny but advertise by the tenth of a penny. In for a penny in for a falling price of barrel of oil as the price of fuel rockets. I know it looks like theres some corruption going on but we aren't conspiracy theorists. Oil companies wouldn't be simply chasing profit without moral consideration. There must be some other explanation to this but i think ive offered enough proof to show that it just looks like we are being ripped off when EVERYBODY KNOWS that cant be true . . . Could it?
Freeman Stephen

Postby frogmanbrabs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Ripped off ! Us people in Britain Never. I just want to know why it is that petrol companies can advertise in a denomination which is not payable. I urge you to try it next time you put petrol in your car. Stop the pump at 1 litre and see what it reads it wont be the same as the advertised price. If it's 135.9p/litre then 10 litres should be £13.59 but I bet it doesn't display that price. Try it and let me know.
frogmanbrabs

Postby jonboy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Every time without fail, I put £10.03 or suchlike in my tank and then say "sorry I only have £10". Works every time. :grin:

Get what you can out of the cunts.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby tayga » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 pm

jonboy wrote:Every time without fail, I put £10.03 or suchlike in my tank and then say "sorry I only have £10". Works every time. :grin:

Get what you can out of the cunts.

You, Sir, are a star. :clap:
tayga

Postby frogmanbrabs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Just seen a garage advertising unleaded petrol at 139.9p/litre. With the budget increases coming up we are going to be charged 150/litre soon how ridiculous.
frogmanbrabs

Return to Motoring issues