Bus lanes

Discuss all of your private conveyance issues here. DVLA, Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs), MOT, Tax, Insurance, Wheelclampers and any other related topics.

Bus lanes

Postby dartol » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:26 pm

My car was photographed in a bus lane and I have a demand for payment as a result. I am sending a Notice of Discharge in the morning, from the template ( thank you ), and have changed it to ask about the type of device used and whether or not it has been approved by the home office.(check FASEN8R's posts) It also ask's if the demand is the result of trial by my peers.

Let the games begin.
dartol

Re: Bus lanes

Postby nameless » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm

Is there an update on this?
“Whoever may be guilty of abuse of power, be it Government, State, Employer, Trade Union or whoever, the law must provide a speedy remedy. Otherwise the victims will find their own remedy."

Lord Denning
nameless

Postby Lmoran44193 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:45 pm

I live in scotland. I was sent a letter by the council for 4 seperate £90 fines for being seen in a bus lane. I never replied to the council about it. The council have now been in touch with Sheriff officers who have sent me letters on the councils behalf to collect the £360. I got in touch with the sheriff officers by letter to say that there was no contract and i wouldnt be paying anything. I got a response from sheriff officers saying;

"We write in response to your letter dated 2nd November 2019, received by us on 5th Drcember.
We are acting on behalf of our client The City of Edinburgh Council, who have asked us to act on their behalf in recovery of a sum relating to outstanding Road Traffic Contraventions. Our authority to carry out enforcement action is established by penalty charge certificates ratified by The City of Edinburgh Council. Prior to our correspondence, our client will have issued documentation notifying you of your liability to pay the sums listed. The charge certificate also enables our client to refer these matters for external collection and/or enforcement if considered necessary. Fines regulated by such certificates are statutory charges and not contractual. The documentation previously issued together with the charge certificates collectively are proof of your lawful obligation to pay the outstanding debt. Your account remains subject to continued recovery action until the balance is paid or we have agreed an arrangement to pay by installments.
If you have any further questions in relation to your account, please visit our website
Www.scottandco.uk.com

Yours sincerly

END

How should i proceed? What can i write back to them?. And will i write back to the Sheriff officers or the council?

Please help me i am losing sleep and is having a negative impact on my health
Lmoran44193

Postby iamani » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Lmoran44193,

How unfortunate! Site goes down only hours after your appeal is posted and stays down for nearly 3 weeks...

What's your current state of play?

Cheers!
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Postby LionsShare » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi, I have just joined & have seen a similar type of posting on another site. In this other posting again the sherriffs Office were involved but looked more like a private debt collector that basically don't have much if any legal standing or powers :cheer:

What about the boevat method mentioned on here? Would that not be appropriate?
LionsShare

Return to Motoring issues