Voluntary Police Interview Help

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Voluntary Police Interview Help

Postby PrimitiveDonkey » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey folks,

I have been asked by the CID to attend a voluntary interview on Tuesday. They will not tell me the reason they want to interview me only stating that "its not something I should worry about" and they "want to clear something up as quickly as possible." I hired a lawyer but she could not find out the information from the DC.
This has given me some bad anxiety over the past few days as I do not know why the CID would want to interview me.

It would be a massive help if you guys could give me some advice, help about how to tackle this situation.

Thank you.

Dale.
PrimitiveDonkey

Re: Voluntary Police Interview Help

Postby treeman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:27 pm

PrimitiveDonkey wrote:Hey folks,

I have been asked by the CID to attend a voluntary interview on Tuesday. They will not tell me the reason they want to interview me only stating that "its not something I should worry about" and they "want to clear something up as quickly as possible." I hired a lawyer but she could not find out the information from the DC.
This has given me some bad anxiety over the past few days as I do not know why the CID would want to interview me.

It would be a massive help if you guys could give me some advice, help about how to tackle this situation.

Thank you.

Dale.

Dale, no disrespect, but if you dont know what it is about, and cannot provide us with nothing to go on, how can we assist.
I'll make no subscription to their paradise.

All Rights Reserved - Without Prejudice - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
Errors & Omissions Excepted
treeman

Postby PrimitiveDonkey » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Fair enough, thanks for replying anyways.

Dale.
PrimitiveDonkey

Postby treeman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:35 pm

PrimitiveDonkey wrote:Fair enough, thanks for replying anyways.

Dale.

Dont give up mate, get ready to fight. Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance. Tell em to go fuck themselves with a copy of PACE.

treeman

Postby PrimitiveDonkey » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks man :) I'll let the bastards chase me :P
PrimitiveDonkey

Postby treeman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 pm

PrimitiveDonkey wrote:Thanks man :) I'll let the bastards chase me :P

Good on yer mate, if they want you, they'll come and find you, if its not you they want, then they will forget about you.

But first and foremost, dont put your arse in the sling if it dont belong there. :giggle:

treeman

Postby wanabfree » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 pm

check out Sandra Lean, "No Smock, Book she also has a website makes an interesting read,this may help you prepare a lttle better for the interview should you go.

but don't get worried, protect yourself as best you can. chances are if it was that serious they would have turned up at your door and asked you back for the interview, it sounds petty whatever it could be.

best to have a chat at your local Cab office also, they have some advise, you could also ask the police force to simply send you a letter explaining what it's about.

good luck
wanabfree

Postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Just watch It's not a trap m8. I've known them to use this old chestnut when someone has a warrant. The ask you to come see them for whatever reason then the bastards nick you. Never go to see the voluntary. They could keep you there all night then when you decide you have had enough and try to leave the Cunts can detain you for another 6 hours. If you do go voluntary, tell them that you are here voluntarily and you are now leaving voluntarily, that way they either let u go or detain you and you won't be any longer than 6 hours as long as you keep your mouth shut. No comment no comment no comment
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
rebelwithoutaclue

Postby pedawson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

It is best not to use the term 'No Comment' this has implications we do not yet fully understand.
Sorry rebel not nudging you, I understood the sentiment. :shake:

If you have to go, which I would not if it was me. I would ask them to visit me but not before asking what the matter is about.
They say it is not serious and you should not worry, SO just don't worry about it, it isn't serious.

If they do get you into the interview room, NOT recommended: demand that you be spoken to where you are and do not take NO or NO! for an answer, Tell the policy bod you are going to record the questions for your and their safety and that if you feel the questions are not relevant to you, you will not answer.

If it is a statement they require and you feel you could / should / are willing tell them you will prepare a statement of truth and it will be witnessed by three good men of nature and standing, and that you will furnish them with it when it is complete.

If they have something on you, they are bound by their own rules to give you all the information they have unless it compromises their investigation, in this case you may have to comply, however SAY NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL, it WILL be used against you and your silence will SAVE your ASS. If you are to say anything it is 'ALWAYS' 'I have nothing to say to you now, however all I have to say on this matter WILL be said in front of a judge and 12 of my peers. Am I free to leave?'

I cannot emphasise more, that one MUST remain silent, it CANNOT be used against you it CANNOT prove guilt and it CANNOT be misinterpreted it is a constitutional right as it says in the CAUTION you have the right to remain silent - The rest of the caution is nothing more than a statement and NOT of fact.

‘You do not have to say anything.

This is the RIGHT to silence, no-one can make you say anything at any time.

But it may harm your defence if you do not mention now something which you later rely on in court.

So are they saying, if you don't say it now you cannot say it later, in court?
'I have nothing to say to you now, however all I have to say on this matter WILL be said in front of a judge and 12 of my peers.'

Anything you do say may be given in evidence.’

ANYTHING you DO say WILL be used against you twisted and made to sound like you are guilty. No matter what your state of mind they WILL LIE, Guaranteed.

Namaste, rev;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Return to Help Wanted