Large loan debt

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Large loan debt

Postby lukedog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:10 pm

I am a new member on here but have been following some of the interesting post on here.

I have a £20k debt with RBS although the last 12 months it has been in the hands of AIC, with the help of CAB I have negotiated to pay them back at £1 per month.
I have had major heart surgery and have been unable to work for the last 12 months so have no income other than ESA. This is not really the problem I need advice about.

My problem is I am due to receive £20K in compensation for a Chemical inhalation injury at my previous employment, I am worried if I deposit the Cheque in a bank it could be found by RBS or AIC and I will be forced to pay back my loan. I do not have a spouse or family member who could deposit the cheque in their name.
I know that I will need this money to support me in the future with my health problems.
Please can someone give me advice on this matter.
lukedog

Re: Large loan debt

Postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Pay it into a credit union? Or a pre pay credit card?
“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
rebelwithoutaclue

Postby lukedog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:12 am

Rebel thankyou for your reply, But would a Credit Union be a safe place, without fear of this amount being traced and then seized by the DCA or RBS.
Sorry for asking but I am really worried and not wise on these matters.
lukedog

Postby holy vehm » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 am

lukedog wrote:I am a new member on here but have been following some of the interesting post on here.

I have a £20k debt with RBS although the last 12 months it has been in the hands of AIC, with the help of CAB I have negotiated to pay them back at £1 per month.
I have had major heart surgery and have been unable to work for the last 12 months so have no income other than ESA. This is not really the problem I need advice about.

My problem is I am due to receive £20K in compensation for a Chemical inhalation injury at my previous employment, I am worried if I deposit the Cheque in a bank it could be found by RBS or AIC and I will be forced to pay back my loan. I do not have a spouse or family member who could deposit the cheque in their name.
I know that I will need this money to support me in the future with my health problems.
Please can someone give me advice on this matter.

A bank can only go into an account it owns or a subsidury of that bank so you need to search which banks rbs owns or which banks own rbs and open an account that isnt apart of that group. Open a savings account only.
A dca cant go into a bank account and i wouldnt speak with them at any point. What you may find is at some point in the future the dca will make you a settlement offer, sometimes 50% of the value of the debt, sometimes even more discount is offered.

So if you get 20 grand compo, put it into a whole new account and tell know one a thing and you should be ok.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Postby lukedog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Thankyou Holy Vehm, I do appreciate your advice as I am not very wise on these matters.
I wish that I had found this Website years ago, it is a real education reading this forum.
lukedog

Return to Help Wanted