PCN - I'm lost and need help

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

PCN - I'm lost and need help

Postby MrParsnip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 am

Hi guys.

I've received a PCN this morning and I really don't know where to begin fighting this.

My understanding is I can return the notice with something along the lines of "I refuse to accept this offer of contract" or the like. I've had a look through the forums and I really don't know where to start. What I've been able to find seems to be by people who know what they're doing (which I don't understand) and I'm struggling to locate an idiot's guide to get me started. I'm also concerned that I'll not have a clue what to do if they decide to take things further after and make things worse.

I was feeling positive about knocking the Council back but having had a look around I'm considering just paying it to make it go away (which I guess is what they rely on).

Sorry to post this in what is likely the wrong place and to moan on like this but I'm feeling desperate.

I've scanned the PCN itself and have attached this to the post.

Many thanks to anyone who is willing and able to lend advice. :ouch:

Regards,
Dale
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrParsnip

Re: PCN - I'm lost and need help

Postby MrParsnip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Thought I'd add some more information in case I was remiss in my initial post. Mainly that no other car had a ticket on their windscreens. :puzz:

I've attached a scan of the reverse of the PCN and a few photos of where I was actually parked.

Also, I've completed the PCN template and printed this off. I'd love some advice before actually posting this though.

Again, my thanks to any and all help.

Regards,
Dale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrParsnip

Postby MrParsnip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Just another couple of photos of the car's location.

Thanks,
Dale
MrParsnip

Postby enegiss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:55 pm

the chances are you have no contract with these companies, just return it for cause, no contract, easy see. peace and light
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby MrParsnip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

enegiss wrote:the chances are you have no contract with these companies, just return it for cause, no contract, easy see. peace and light

Thanks for that, lifts the worry somewhat. Any chance you could point me in the right direction re: wording of a letter returning the PCN?

Many thanks,
Dale
MrParsnip

Postby enegiss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:37 pm

on the only one i ever done i wrote across in red marker, returned for cause, no contract, and gave it to the tiller at the council desk, that was the last i heard of it, now i stay away from the pre pay carparks, as you never really know the t+c,s in your case, i dont know anything, as i dont know the t+cs regarding non car parks or verges, in that case, i would park where it seems sensible to your self, and if you are wrongly parked or in an obstructive way, then they will ticket your car, depends on how yourself views what you have agreed to abide by as to what happens next, hope this helps, peace and light
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby MrParsnip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 pm

enegiss wrote:on the only one i ever done i wrote across in red marker, returned for cause, no contract, and gave it to the tiller at the council desk, that was the last i heard of it, now i stay away from the pre pay carparks, as you never really know the t+c,s in your case, i dont know anything, as i dont know the t+cs regarding non car parks or verges, in that case, i would park where it seems sensible to your self, and if you are wrongly parked or in an obstructive way, then they will ticket your car, depends on how yourself views what you have agreed to abide by as to what happens next, hope this helps, peace and light

Thanks enegiss.

I was parked on a scrap of land. Not blocking anyone, not on a kerb or path or on any yellow lines. All I can think of is the guy ticketed me for having driven OVER double-yellows in order to park. They were broken yellow lines at that too.

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens next if I Return For Cause - No Contract and they decide to take things further?

Cheers,
Dale
MrParsnip

Postby MrFrodo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Check the work on freetheplanet.net on this:

http://freetheplanet.net/articles/97/parking-ticket-refused-for-cause

MrFrodo
You see what happens Larry? You see what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass?
MrFrodo

Postby huntingross » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 pm

When I have the full paper work quote the case :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7875#p67919

Mark of the Clan Ross of the Family Jennings v Carlisle City Council - Claim Number 1CA00923
Success nourishes hope
huntingross

Return to Help Wanted