In court for cannabis production

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

In court for cannabis production

Postby Jack Kerouac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm

Ok, so to cut a long story short i am due in magistrates court on 22/09/11 to face charges of cannabis production. I am looking to educate myself on the law as much as possible in the time i have, where should i start?

It looks like the case will end up in crown court. How should i prepare myself? Can i trust my solicitor? Can i still insist upon a jury trial?
Jack Kerouac

Re: In court for cannabis production

Postby TheCelt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 pm

how many plants were found? was evidence of previous grows found? did they find scales? small bags?
your best bet is to go for production for personal use, which usualy gives community service or a suspended
TheCelt

Postby enegiss » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

hi JK, when cannabis is considered a crime, ask yourself was it you who had committed a crime, if not then it seems likely it is a statute act and not really a crime, and it is just another rule of the law society being imposed upon your person, if it is at a crown court then there is an opportunity to express yourself to a jury of your peers, a great book to read is "Cannabis the Facts human rights and the Law" but it appeared to me the lawyers do not like to use this as an amicus curae (friend to the court) as it contains very strong evidence of the crime perpetrated on yourself by the Law society, the site where this book is listed is http://www.democracydefined.org/1report.htm#back, peace and light
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby Jack Kerouac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Hey TheCelt, 50 plants were found. No evidence of previous grows. They did however find a set of scales, £1600 cash. One weird thing about the case is that i was originally arrested on 02/09/09 and didn't receive a summons in the post until june this year. Have been to magistrates court a couple of times already, not much has happened, seems like a load of ceremony to me. The prosecutor has said that they are filing a proceeds of crime order. Im quite concerned that they are going to try and confiscate my house or something.

Hi Enegiss, thanks for the info. That book does sound interesting. The cannabis laws are totally unjust, why shouldn't i be allowed to grow a plant in my own home? Makes me sick that i live under this law.
Jack Kerouac

Postby enegiss » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:00 pm

welcome to my world, ive been having this argument for 20 years with em, literally cost me thousands and thousands over time, and the only remedy i see is the education of the public domain, so when jurers are in, they are aware that they can judge the fairness of the law as well as the facts, other than that, i do not know, i tend to stay away from the public these days and do my growing in another country where the old world still exist. soz if i cant be more helpful, maybe you will get more answers to your post, from more law educated people than myself. peace and light bruv and i hope it goes well for you
enegiss

Postby TheCelt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:02 pm

woot 50 plants man after my own heart, the scales were not to weigh cananis for selling they were to check yield per watt
you had 50 plants because you were doing your 2 year supply for personal use. the cash you made at a carboot selling old stuff.
play their game turn up in a smart respectible suit. its only 50 if you play it right and look reasonably ashamed i should imagine it will be a wrist slap unless u got previous for dealing/growing. Dont go it alone get a solicitor! get copys of the origional interview this is 2 years old i bet they dont have half the evidence and paper work get your solicitor on the case!
TheCelt

Postby TheCelt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

btw a man round my end got a 6 month suspended and he has 2 bedrooms kitted out with 6 1000w parabolics and a seperate room on hydro, ultimate carbon filters whirring like a mofo
he was pulling some serious juice. How did they catch u btw? did u have carbon filters or not? did u tell anyone? what does their origional warrant say as it must show the evidence they gave the judge to attain the warrant
TheCelt

Postby enegiss » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:13 am

my ex partner got found to have 2o plants not to long ago, and she ended with receiving an order to attend a probation officer for 12 months, it ended classed as personal usage, but was at first considered to be commercial, on the other hand , two of my very close friends, both received 20+ months for what was considered a value of 1.5 million pounds grow about a fortnight ago, in the real world it wasnt really that much, it is just a point of view, back in the day, a friend of mine received 7 years for half that value, times change, things appear to be easing, and eventually, i am sure it will all be legalised, thats when the work starts, as licences will be required to commerce in public, got your certificates guys lol. peace and light
enegiss

Postby Jack Kerouac » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

Hi guys,

They don't have much evidence to say that it was a grow for production other than the scale of the grow itself. It was 5400w, 3 rooms. 1 room kitted out with 4200w, hydro system, air con, carbon filters, humidifier, dehumidifier, the whole 9 yards. Had another room with my mother plants and cloner, and another cupboard i had some nevilles haze growing in.

I think one of my neighbours grassed me up, they must of seen something suspicious or smelt something, i really don't know. WIll try and see if i can find out. I was growing in the house for 4 years prior to getting busted.

The 'expert report' says that the room could yield around £8000 worth of cannabis per grow.
Jack Kerouac

Postby TheCelt » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:19 am

haha expert report brilliant.
if you got no priors just stick to the personal use, say it was a one of so you didnt have to deal with dodgy dealers it was a supply for a long time!
but dont admit anything till your wigged solicitor checks the evidence, did u get ur miranda? did you ask for a code of conduct? was the length of custody exceeded? check all loup holes then play the supplicant and beg for your freedom :)
TheCelt

Next

Return to Help Wanted