Arrested for suspicion of theft

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Arrested for suspicion of theft

Postby smoky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:59 am

Hiya guys

So the other day I had just finished work, was on the way to shop to get some food, spotted a pcso and police officer on bicycles up ahead, they just stopped and were staring right at me. Sensing bad vibes, I started recording with my camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_yWs-EnDxo

I've put a complaint in against unlawful detention, unlawful search and unlawful arrest. The police contacted me the other day and were asking me how I want this complaint to go, I told them I think the officer should be disciplined, the police were however making out the officer has done nothing wrong, if he suspects something is stolen then he can carry out a pace search. I told the police I am not prepared to make a decision there and then and I will get back to them in writing. Any ideas as to how I should proceed?

thanks
smoky

Re: Arrested for suspicion of theft

Postby pitano1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:30 pm

hi smokey.
first off,well done for showing,what this pair are..f`ing idiotic
twats parading around impersonating someone,who has two
brain cells to rub together.

first off their suspicion `needs`,to be`reasonable,but as shown
this pair,are beyond reason,and constructive thought.

also `i`m a police officer,does not give one the right to make laws
on the hoof/bike. :giggle:

as for your claim..?

`well these numpties do need a lesson.
but will it make any difference?
to `YOU.

well done for showing up the ignorance,that many of our `so called`law
enforcement officers suffer from.

pitano1 :shake:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby smoky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Pitano1.

To be honest I'm in two minds as whether to pursue the complaint or not. On the one hand I could do without the hassle and just forget about the incident and on the other, I'm thinking maybe I should follow the complaint through and possibly make the officer think twice about his actions in future?

Peace

:wink:
smoky

Postby pedawson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:52 pm

THIS IS AN ILLEGAL SEARCH.

I am as MAD as HELL, you have been assaulted and they didn't have probable cause nor did they have ANY reasonable suspicion.

The search procedure IS where they believe they will find something that will confirm why the search took place.
WHAT DID THEY THINK THEY WOULD FIND THAT WOULD PROVE YOU STOLE THE FUCKING BIKE (or camera even edited by phil)?

What did they say 'I believe he could have stole the edited out bike (camera) in the RIOTS' ??? WTF kind of comment is that.

DID THEY have proof you were IN the riots? IF THEY CAN they HAD reasonable suspicion, but I doubt they can.
HALF way through the search they mentioned you MIGHT have something on you that could harm them ???? I cannot for the life in me SEE anything you said or DID that they thought you were going to harm them.

These are a couple of MUPPETS and need to be fired with IMMEDIATE effect. If this is the standard we are to expect from the police we are in a lot of trouble.

MAKE A COMPLAINT and GET results.

YOU HAVE A CASE.
I wish you well brother and hope you don't let this go, I did and regret not doing anything.

Namaste, phil;
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby smoky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Pedawson and thanks for the reply.

I contacted the police by telephone the other day regarding the complaint, they tried to get me to make a decision on the spot on how I wanted the complaint to go, when I told them this was a search + arrest without any reasonable suspicion they were arguing that if the police officer suspects the camera is stolen then the search is justified under pace. When I told them I could show them video evidence, they were not even interested in seeing it. I told them I'm not prepared to make any decisions over the phone and will reply to them in writing.

Kind Regards
smoky

Postby nunkey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi Smoky,,
To be honest I'm in two minds
Mate that really got me annoyed watching that video..Well done for that by the way,,but i hope you do as Pedawson says and make a big complaint !! :thinks: That big prick looked like ODDBOD from carry on screaming ! As for the so-called constable you could see him racking his tiny brain on what to say next ,,DERRRRRRRRRR springs to mind :giggle: good luck whatever you decide,but let us know :shake: :yes:
nunkey

Postby pedawson » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 pm

What you need to do is look at the PACE manual and read what it has to say. It clearly states what grounds for a search are and these muppets had no grounds at all.
It also states that they cannot just search someone of the street, there has to be a complaint or your behaviour was suspicious they mention the riots too, which means they must have had reports that someone of your description was in the riots you NEED to see the evidence and if they don't give it to you you 'ADD' it to the complaint.
Anything they cannot prove or maintain they HAVE and they don't give it up 'ADD' it to the complaint and keep adding to the complaint until they open up, which they will, and then 'ADD' that to the complaint.
You have them by the short and curlies. Contact the IPCC and get the complaint number and also state you have already been harassed and incorrectly informed that an investigation HAS been completed and the police officer who told you they did nothing wrong 'ADD' him to the complaint.

If you are stopped again mention your complaint and the IPCC number and state categorically that you believe you are being harassed because of your complaint and you WILL be ADDING them to the case # for the IPCC.

GET IT :grin:

Peace Brother, Namaste, phil;
Show them you mean business.
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby enegiss » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:23 pm

yeah, everything these good men say, be one of the straight ones, and show em the path of righteousness, there is no other way, well their is, but if that is considered then you might as well go an get an eighth and forget it, but i feel you wont do that, ya know your right, next time it could be your kids or there kids, the buck stops here. hopefully you will get as much moral support where you live, and as much as you need here, i believe in my heart that pedawson is correct, and i really wish you well. peace and light brother
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss

Postby smoky » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

Hello folks

The IPCC Investigating officer has now viewed the video footage on YouTube and has made an appointment to meet on the 20th December. As this is the first complaint I have ever made, could anyone give me a few pointers.

Any idea what to expect?

Will I be expected to make a statement against the police officer in question?

thanks
smoky

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 am

Having just watched the video again I think we've missed something. I know it's trivial compared to the bigger picture but isn't it 'illegal' to ride a bicycle on a public pavement?
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Next

Return to Help Wanted