Off The Grid Community

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Re: Off The Grid Community

Postby niemanda » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Bump... :grin:
niemanda

Postby dmurphy25 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 pm

kavs wrote:This all seems to have gone pretty quiet? checked out the website too, looks very fancy, but no recent updates! how's things heading?
xx

Hi Kavs,

Yes things have gone very quiet right now, but things are still happening :)

I have been negotiating with a land owner and hope to start building a pilot dwelling soon, unfortunately after our experiences at our initial site in Lincolnshire when we met with significant local opposition, I have decided to approach it by keepings thing lo key until I get to a point when we will be ready to very quickly build the entire community over two weekends in Barn Raising style weekend events and very quickly get up and running before we start meeting opposition... at that point we will reactivate the site and members :D

Dave.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby niemanda » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Dave,

It's good to get an update from you :grin:

We watched your 'Simon on the Sofa' session after being pointed at it by V, and my partner and I were keen to find out where you were up to after seeing it. Having then discovered that your was down, we wondered if everything was alright with you and yours...

We are not terribly far away from you, I think, so do get in touch if we can be of assistance.

Cheers, Jay
niemanda

Postby dmurphy25 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Jay,

As far as I know that site has never been down :thinks:

If you did not join the freeman league forum (http://www.thefreemanleague.com/bulletin) then please do, there has suddenly been an influx of new members from the TPUC so things are starting to buzz again :)

hopefully I will be in a position to make a significant announcement soon, and I will be posting details on the freeman league's forum as soon as I can

Dave.
...one group of apes left the safety of the trees and stood upright in the tall savannah grass, some of these apes began to evolve, but most were hit by cars!
dmurphy25

Postby kazz67 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 pm

Buzz? The place is on fire just now!! -- Can't tell you how pleased I am that so many tpucers are loving what you've been doing over there Dave.
I see horizons being broadened and I like it! :clap:

Love n hugs,
Kazz. xxxx
kazz67

Postby niemanda » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Dave - you are right, the website itself wasn't down, it was the access/sign up to the forum, and the section to fill in offering help, that wasn't working. I am off to try again right now...! :grin: Jay
niemanda

Postby TomBlake » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Dave I just picked up this thread on the forum and i would love to help with the project in any shape or form. I can turn my hand to anything, am a roof tiler by trade and have built and renovated a few houses now. I am lookin at getting myself some land but hit a bit of a wall there. I have researched self build ideas and building in cob seems to be the favourite at the mo. Id love a run down on how far you have managed to get and how i could possibly help in anyway. Let me know mate, would be great to hear from you cheers,

Tom
TomBlake

Previous

Return to Help Wanted