Private Prosecution

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Private Prosecution

Postby survivor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:22 am

Hi.

I am considering private prosecution for misconduct in public office. I have some questions:

1. Can anyone act as prosecutor at the trial (ie at some stage do you need to employ a barrister to prosecute or can I do the whole thing myself)?

2. Is there way to get disclosure of information from a third party. Obviously the case is against an individual and relates to act/conduct when employed by part of the State. Can I get information disclosed by the employer. In particular the internal emails some of which I have already obtained by other (legal) ways.

Thanks
survivor

Re: Private Prosecution

Postby iamani » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi survivor, welcome to the site. Kudos to you for wanting to 'have a go' at bringing a publicly-funded miscreant to book. Now, i'm fairly new here myself, i don't have a lot of knowledge so i couldn't presume to advise you on your situation (much as i would like to) but i can maybe give you some tips as to how to get somebody on this site, who is more knowledgeable than i, to help you:
a) Show that you are serious, by
b) taking some time to study the basics of law (not as hard as you may think, it can all be found on this site - start with V's 'Freedom is more than a 7 letter word' and see your world open up!) so that you
c) don't appear to be treating the contributors (many of whom have devoted real blood sweat and tears to acquire their knowledge) as flesh and blood search engines.

Learning about the law, particularly as to how it affects oneself, is an education in how to be a man (as opposed to just 'human') - and the law doth protect you should you learn all you can! Please don't take this as a brush-off as it is well-meaning advice and i'm happy to answer any questions i am able to.
law is all is love is all is law
iamani

Return to Help Wanted