fly tipping

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

fly tipping

Postby enlightend » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 am

Hi, i am just wondering if anyone on here has ever been falsely accused of fly tipping, my friend is due to be interviewed under caution in a few weeks, the only information she has been given is that she supposedly dumped rubbish sometime in November, she totally denies this and feels it may be her ex who is being investigated for historical crimes, as she has been given no further information regarding this she cannot even provide any type of defence when she goes, any advice would be greatly appreciated, i have read someone on here going through similar but it was many years ago, she wrote them a letter asking for evidence but i am not sure on how to write this
enlightend

Re: fly tipping

Postby MikeThomas » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:20 am

The onus of proof is on the accuser.................. and remember...... you have the right to remain silent!

If your friend says they didn't do it it is up to the accuser to provide evidence of the alleged 'crime'. When they conduct interviews like this they are relying on the accused to convict themselves with their own words for example:

"We found various letters addressed to you in the fly tipped rubbish. Can you tell me how they got there?"

Your friends answer should be a firm "No comment" as she does not know and any other answer would be pure speculation and a foothold for the interviewer to gain some purchase and use that information to confuse her.
If she does go for the interview then make sure they 'caution' her first. Remember, the caution goes "You have the right to remain silent"

Be sensible and use this right to find out what they know :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Postby enlightend » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 pm

thanks very much for your help
enlightend

Postby cathyvdw » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:36 pm

My husband has been accused of fly tipping because a pharmacy bag with my name and address on it (I'm disabled so they accused) was found in black bin bags that were left on the side of the road - they aren't ours and we don't use black bags at all... He's been invited to attend an interview under caution on 16th....

So frustrated as we don't know how our pharmacy bag ended up in the bin bags - all we can think of is that it may have blown out of our bin which is in the back garden and was picked up and put in the bin bags - don't believe the person/s who left the bags were fly tipping as such as they were put out on Wednesday Even / Thurs morning which is when our black bins are collected, perhaps the person/s didn't know they wouldn't be taken by the bin men (which I don't understand, think its bit ridiculous)...

Called Citizens Advice for advice and was told to knock on all the neighbors doors and ask if they left them out... I'm really, what type of help is that!!??!!
Are really confused and frustrated and don't know what to do!!!! Are on benefits and can't afford lawyer!!!

Sorry if ranting...
Any advice or comments welcome!!!

Thanks for reading this far... :)
Cathy
cathyvdw

Postby MikeThomas » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:02 am

As above Cathyvdw........... The onus of proof is on them. Don't let them bully you :yes:
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to Help Wanted