newbie needs advice please

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

newbie needs advice please

Postby kes101 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to look at my post. I am new on the board and look forward to learning a lot. The more I am learning about what's really going on the more I feel I am waking from a dream. I am beginning to see behind the vale (so to speak). But as I am new I would like to ask a bit of advice please. Several years ago I purchased my home from the local housing authority under the right to buy scheme. All was well and dandy.. But then I started getting a demand for money once a year from the local housing authority. The first one I paid like a fool but another year has passed and I have another bill. It is titled " Variable service charge estimate 2015-2016. Basically there saying I must pay a contribution for things like a mobile caretaker ( I don't have one) and local grass cutting etc etc. The bill is for £113. I thought this would be a good place to start to say no to these robbers. But being new I am unsure of the best way to proceed. I have ordered several books (one recommended by this site) in a bid to further my knowledge. But this bill says I must pay in 28 days or less. So I think I will be pushing it to gain enough knowledge by myself. So any help would be truly appreciated. I have been reading about conditional acceptance letters?? Would this be the way to go??? If so how??
kes101

Re: newbie needs advice please

Postby MikeThomas » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:17 am

Welcome Kes101 :shake:

If I were you I would check the original 'sale' documents and check out with the solicitor who handled the sale. There may be implied covenants in the contract that include things like caretaking. Whatever...... you should have been informed before signing.
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to Help Wanted