Help needed, fixed penalty notice for school absence

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

Help needed, fixed penalty notice for school absence

Postby funboy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi all

I have perused the info section but haven't found anything that pertains to my current situation (sorry if it's there and I missed it)

I took my son out of school for the last week of term to go on holiday. Today I recieved a fixed penalty notice which amounts to a pre-printed form with the details written in by hand. If i pay up like a good sheep within 21 days the cost is only £60 but if I make them wait after 21 days it will be £120, if payment is not recieved by 14/10/14 I may be prosecuted .

Obviously I did take my son out of school but the last week of term time they don't have lessons anyway and my son has consistently gained 100% attendence for 3 years at this school .While I can easily afford the "fine" I begrudge paying these cretins anything given the amount of council tax I pay them already.

I would be very grateful for some advice. Should I suck it up and pay them ? or do I have a reasonable chance to fight back and win ?

many thanks in advance
It's not what you are , it's what you do that defines you
funboy

Re: Help needed, fixed penalty notice for school absence

Postby Dreadlock » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm

The answer to all statutory PCN problems usually boils down to this:
Are you a slave? If you are pay the fine.
Are you a person? If you are pay the fine.
Is your son government property? If he is pay the fine.
Do you understand role play and its significance with regards the above questions? I you don't pay the fine.
If you don't know what I'm talking about... pay the fine. Being able to answer the above questions correctly isn't enough. You need to know why the answers are what they are. Search the forum for "person" and "capacity".
If you don't know what you are read Genesis <------------------- big clue.
Dreadlock

Return to Help Wanted