DWP Stopped

Need help and support? Post here and we will do our best.

DWP Stopped

Postby newmannewy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:48 pm

howdie folks, I know a lad about 19 who is on benefits due to no work in the area. He was offered a job up Scotland, we are in the midlands, so would take 4 1/2hrs to get there. he has no driving license or transport. Yet because he didn't apply for it, they have stopped his benefits.

I have no idea about the benefits system. So anyone got any advice as to what to do. Does he appeal to DWP ?
http://www.thebigwakeup.co.uk - My own personal site dedicated to helping newbies wake up and see the bigger picture.
Feel free to pass comment, point out my failings & or generally critisice - (It's a working progress)
newmannewy

Re: DWP Stopped

Postby Freeman Stephen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm

My info is from about 15 yrs ago. He would only need to apply for it if his js agreement stated he would be willing to uproot or travel unreasonable distances to a job. These wouldn't appear in a jsa unless the js was insisting on it, perhaps due to the line of work he did - for example someone seeking to be an oil rig worker in the midlands refusing to do a job at sea would be ridiculous. Outside of that kind of thing there would be grounds to appeal at the benefits office but it might take a fortnight to fix - its only damage limitation even if you win.
Freeman Stephen

Postby newmannewy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I knocked a letter up for him to give, if that fails its appeals time for him.

cheers
http://www.thebigwakeup.co.uk - My own personal site dedicated to helping newbies wake up and see the bigger picture.
Feel free to pass comment, point out my failings & or generally critisice - (It's a working progress)
newmannewy

Postby Too Far Gone » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 pm

If they do sanction him, they are in violation of:

Section 187 of Social Security Administration Act 1992.
Too Far Gone

Postby holy vehm » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:35 pm

All actions must be reasonable otherwise they are unreasonable.

It is reasonable for one to travel an hour to work without having to move.
It is unreasonable to travel 4 hours to work without moving.

To place an obligation on a 'person' that is unreasonable is further unenforceable.
To cut benefit for failing to act in an unreasonable manner is to cause a harm.
"A ruler who violates the law is illegitimate. He has no right to be obeyed. His commands are mere force and coercion. Rulers who act lawlessly, whose laws are unlawful, are mere criminals".
holy vehm

Location: http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=9142

Return to Help Wanted