Income Tax Demand

Income Tax Demand

Postby Veronica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:21 am

Apparently the due date for payment has passed. :rotfl:

Any suggestions on what to do? :rotfl:

(Puts me in mind of those who are on Council Tax Benefit, and get a yearly demand for £0)
Freedom's just another word for: "Nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin)
"There is no path to peace, peace IS the path" (Mahatma Ghandi)
"There is no path to freedom, freedom IS the path" (Veronica Chapman)
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Re: Income Tax Demand

Postby Andrew » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Send them this letter about the illegality of paying taxes http://www.fmotl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=509
"A human being is a part of the Universe, limited only in time and space. He experiences himself and his thoughts as separated from the rest, like an optical delusion of his consciousness."
http://www.expose-the-system.org http://www.theukproject.com
Andrew

Postby Veronica » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:14 pm

Andrew wrote:Send them this letter about the illegality of paying taxes

Too late. mOz is really peeved at not sending them a bag of pennies
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Could you go along the lines of 'I cannot pay you, as re: the FOI letter from the treasury, any money I send would be OFFICIALLY worthless' - that should lawfully cover your butt, no?
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Veronica » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm

I think they've lawfully covered their own butts by not pursuing a ludicrous demand for £1.62.

mOz is celebrating with a packet of crisps.
Veronica
Founder
Founder

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Fair play mOz knows how to partay !! - Cheese n onion, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby duval » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 am

All...I hope this little letter I've just recieved from HM Revenue & Customs fits in with the topic of "Tax Demand" tomfoolery...apologies proffered in advance it it don't. A demand has been sent to my person for a period when I was claiming benefit..I quote:
"We have sent you a notice showing an overpayment of tax credits for the period ending 06/04/2008. The total amount you have to pay back is shown below and is due by 24/06/2009. The total amount of Working Tax Credit overpaid to you is £1,752.56. The total amount overpaid is £1,752.56. Information on how to pay is shown on the back of this form"

For want of another expression..wtf? I earnt NOTHING from the end of December 2007, then claimed from between February to the begining of July 2008. After which I earnt so little between August and October it wouldn't even pay for one of those human spit roasting devices I hear Prince Philip is rather fond of or a couple of weeks worth of Corgie dog chum.

Is this you think, assembled brethren, an example of poor bureaucratic accounting, a 'fishing' expedition with menaces, or incompetence in the grand tradition of the best self styled Soviet tyrannies? I'm going to ask these loverly people how exactly this figure was arrived at given that a cursory glance at what I earnt benefits and otherwise could justify such a quite frankly, SILLY sum.

Please, your titters are most welcome.
duval

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 am

Welcome Duval! - nice to have you here, just wish the circumstances were better, my friend.

Ok, first off, some questions.

1. Were you in receipt of working tax credit at or around the time they say?
2. Have you ever had the 'benefit' of WTC?

See, it may sound mad, but most often this is deliberate. To explain it fully would take more time than I have at this time in the morning, but suffice to say this. The fabian run government puppet show is deliberately overpaying people by quite a bit, purely to get them into debt. If they can get you in debt, then you are even more tightly enmeshed in the system.

I realise this doesn't actually help, but this is so common as to be 'standard' for them. My friends are paying back near 7 grand of this! :gasp: I have no experience with this, I am sorry to say, but we do have some very knowledgable members, who may be able to help.

Just sit tight and they'll be along very soon, my friend.

Peace and love,

Baldy
BaldBeardyDude

Postby duval » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:54 am

Hello Baldy and thanks for the welcome!

To my knowledge I have NEVER received WTC at any time of my life let alone the period indicated in this 'letter'. The only details I can recall concerning this time were ones relating to 'one benefit replacing another at a date as insufficient N.I. contributions had not been made'. This though seems to be a standard inclusion when benefits have been granted, well in my experience at least.

This has got me stumped...but as mentioned in my first post I'll be writing and asking for a little more...accounting!

Your thoughts are highly welcome!
D ; )
duval

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 am

Well, if I had never received a benefit, i would certainly, like you, be asking how it was overpaid?

Should they then fess up and admit the mistake,I would counterclaim for the hassle and stress of it all - feck em!

Good luck with this, my friend - please keep us up to date, as this is ridiculous.
BaldBeardyDude

Next

Return to Income tax only