Police to protest over cuts.

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Re: Police to protest over cuts.

Postby pitano1 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 pm

glad things went well,on the day hoops.

i wont waste my thoughts here,but i will say this
do you think `anything`,will change,your masters
already knew the general outlook of the force
before the protest.

they did shit their collective pants once,but soon
made sure very soon after,that this power was removed.

http://policecommunitysupportofficer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12389

i fear the creeping demise of the police constable,has already started`suffolk`
for instance.

as they say over the pond..go figure.
:peace:
If the machine of government is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.
Henry David Thoreau
ALL UNALIENABLE RIGHTS RESERVED -AB INITIO - Without Recourse - Non-Assumpsit
pitano1

Postby Hoops » Fri May 11, 2012 7:43 pm

so the kid dropping fire extinguishers on to people was an agent provocateur? There was no kettling at the protest because nobody was being an arse. The met boys and girls would have dived in just as much had someone started lobbing heavy items on other people's heads, of this you may be sure.

Pitano - thanks, and honestly, nope, I don't think anything will change. I am too cynical the rich have got their channels in the bedrooms of the poor (LC) and noone will give a shit. But it remains important to have your say. The creeping demise is starting to move at a canter.
Hoops

Postby Freeman Stephen » Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Were there many provocatively armed riot police with vans as there were in other protests when the police were not the victims of the criminal elite?
Freeman Stephen

Postby pedawson » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Why is it Hoops that you feel you have to deride any comment I make regardless of whatever stance I make and then go on to make a point of being overly polite with other members. What I say is not meant, by any means to be polite as long as it is true I feel it needs to be said. I cannot / do not feel that to flower things up will make them better, they won't.
The individual who was on the protest where the fire extinguisher was thrown was, for all intent and purpose an individual who would have done something similar wherever he was and at any time he felt he would be able to get away with it, and rightly so he should be locked up. That sort of behaviour is unacceptable.
I do not write this to convince nor do I wish to win a popularity contest, I am not in this to be popular. My aim is to bring to the table facts that are well founded and not make excuses for anyone on any side that goes too far, to the point that people are hurt and that includes the police.

However one day and that day HAS passed when a police officer and or constable has been hurt by their very own and I find it unacceptable. It is unfortunate that there IS a 'US' and 'THEM' I wish it were not true but it is. You and I, absurd as it may sound appear to be on the same side only I am more vocal and say things that quite a few people do not like to hear, YET I do have alternatives and I always try to provide an alternative for anything I feel is wrong with society.

Yes there was a protest today and the police were protesting and it WAS peaceful, for this I am grateful, but I also feel that there was a tolerance shown for these protesters that is not given to other protesters. We could debate the facts for ever and a day but the fact remains when we protest we are confronted with ARMED and dangerous military style force and in most cases with an attitude to match.

Hardly a fair fight, by anyones standards.
Not only freeman, lawful rebellion, Greenpeace or the like but I have known protests of elderly pensioners who get the same treatment as we get but when you hit the streets to protest for pension rights there is no significant police presence. What is it that you believe you did that we can learn from and not attract a mass of armed police with tasers, tear gas and dogs?
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Postby pedawson » Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Police Provoke Violence in UK Protests
The British police are resorting to systematic provocation in their bid to give an excuse to the government to enforce an all-out ban on peaceful protests across the country.

A video shot of the recent anti-government protests in London on November 9 has been published on the You Tube site, showing two plain-clothed guys have a brief word with uniformed officers before storming into the crowd, barging into a young guy, spinning him around and lashing out at him.

As it is shown in the video, then a uniformed officer approaches and they flash a warrant card behind their back. The uniformed officer turns away, and the two so-called 'Agents Provocateur' escape into the crowd.

The crowd shouts 'agent provocateur' and points as they make their way pushing through, the video shows.

The video briefly loses them, but in the final section, it is shown that two plain-clothed guys helped over police barriers by uniformed officers and they join six other officers detaining one young guy.

Tens of thousands of students joined the November 9 national demonstration, organized by the National Campaign Against Fees and Cuts to defend education against corporate greed.

The Metropolitan Police had authorized its forces to fire rubber bullets on protesters, and Scotland Yard said its 4,000-strong forces have been equipped with baton rounds to launch an all-out crackdown on protesters to prevent a repeat of the unrests that rocked the country in August this year.

Meanwhile, the coalition government has been considering plans to enforce a total ban on peaceful anti-government protests and the deployment of plain-clothed officers among protesters to provoke violence appears in line with the coalition's attempts to ban protests.

600 Peace Activists to Fly to Israel, Incl Agents Provocateurs?
'Several months ago, Palestinian civil society organizations sent an invitation to peace activists around the world to visit the West Bank over the week of July 8-16.

The first people to accept the Palestinian invitation were 350 peace activists from France, who have been joined over the last few months by activists from the USA, the UK, Germany, Italy and Belgium, totaling about 600 people -- many of them, as stated, entire families including their children.

If the Palestinians had an airport of their own, the activists would have preferred to land at such an airport.'

http://www.youtube.com/v/t8zneYW9GZY#!

British Undercover Agent Led Attack on Irish Police at Rally
'An undercover British agent encouraged protesters to attack Irish police officers at an EU summit in Dublin, the Guardian newspaper has reported. The undercover policeman Mark Kennedy did more than just observe and was an active participant in the proceedings, according to the newspaper.

The militant anti-capitalist protestors that were at the summit, which marked the accession of eastern European states to the union, are saying that Kennedy made visits to Dublin to help train protesters and encouraged other activists to attack the police, raising further questions about his role as an undercover officer and supports claims he acted as an agent provocateur.'
Don't be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared
pedawson

Previous

Return to Police Jurisdiction