Private security firm G4S to run Lincolnshire police station

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Private security firm G4S to run Lincolnshire police station

Postby FASEN8R » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 am

G4S is the biggest global security company in the world.
In the UK, it has a £1bn turnover and employs more than 40,000 people, including staff at five prisons, three secure training centres and two immigration removal centres.
The company is also responsible for electronically monitoring offenders and transporting asylum claimants.
The contract with Lincolnshire Police significantly extends G4S's reach into policing.
But it's not alone: the private firm Steria has a £175m contract with Cleveland Police and the Avon and Somerset force has out-sourced much of its back-office functions in a partnership with IBM.
Other constabularies are involved in similar, smaller-scale projects with the private sector - and more are certain to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-17119617

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I may remember. Involve me and I Learn!!
FASEN8R

Re: Private security firm G4S to run Lincolnshire police station

Postby MikeThomas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

This is the start of the American Prison system where the Government hand responsibility to a private company and let them make the profits from prison labour while keeping their noses clean.
I was transported by these so called security experts from Ponypridd Magistrates Court to Cardiff prison. If anyone knows what the inside of these vans is like you'll know where I'm going with this, bearing in mind that as a prisoner they are responsible for my health, welfare & well-being.

First they handcuff you to walk you 20 feet to the van. Then they place you inside what can only be described as a mobile portaloo. The furniture inside this travelling toilet is lined in hard, shiny plastic and there is no such thing as a seat belt to secure you from the aggressive driving of the maniac behind the wheel! As a result you are subjected to every turbulent move the vehicle makes and are tossed around like trainer in a washing machine!

And now these 'profiteers' get to run another prison? I wonder who knows who in the Masons?
We are the people our parents told us NOT TO PLAY WITH
MikeThomas

Return to Police Jurisdiction