Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby Hoops » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm

pedawson wrote: you know who I mean though.
If those that are saying these things just stood back and analysed their own pathetic little lives


Phil.
Putting Namaste at the end of your posts is not a carte blanche to allow you to be offensive in the text. You know nothing of my life, other than what I discuss openly and in good spirit with people here. You know nothing of my worth as a person, my devotion to my children and my family, or whether I bite the heads of small mammals at the weekends or do tireless charity work. I would politely ask you to reconsider whether such judgement is either fair, or yours to make, or even if you have enough information to be so superior. I may disagree with some of your views, but I do not disrespect you for holding them. As this is 'your sandpit', if you wish me to stop posting I will respect that, and would prefer it in favour to any personal arguments breaking out, but it is not fair of you to say this in my opinion
:peace: :police:


Spudy - sorry mate :shake:

Noone is obliged to follow the highway code per se - it is a guideline only. the road traffic act has specific statute for cyclists and careless/dangerous or even 'wanton and furious' cycling!

Enegiss - I know it is an extreme, but it is valid in any case, albeit a rare occurrence. I mean it as an illustration as much as anything else.
Hoops
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby Hoops » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:21 pm

It is also probably proper of me to admit that I sometimes run red lights on a pushbike. Only when the coast is clear with no traffic or old ladies about, obviously...... :giggle:
Hoops
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby spudy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Hoops wrote:
Spudy - sorry mate :shake:

Noone is obliged to follow the highway code per se - it is a guideline only. the road traffic act has specific statute for cyclists and careless/dangerous or even 'wanton and furious' cycling!


i know the hyway code is a guideline only, and untill 88 the traffic act only had a handfull of sections, in 84 it had even less sanctions, and in 72 when it was first(excuse if i missed this date correctly) put into force it had only acts that caused injury thou the speed limit was added it was and never been repealed as a guidline speed..

ie 70 dosent mean you must do 70, but means the Max limit agreed for said road should be 70..

i also know that calming zones added to 30/40 areas are not enforcible and a meer suggestion drops for safety, as well as that any road not marked but has lamp posts set at a distence of more the 32 foot apart is a national speed limit area..nat speed limit is 60 not 70 as most think and is mainly in rural back roads which in my opinion are far more dangerous to drive at speed than most hyways..

Edit in my rush i forgot to say no worrys Hoops no apologies required ;) :)
There is no Light and Dark, there is Only Light and its absence!

Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning and unity.

I don't need to be told i am free, i know i am!

peace
User avatar
spudy
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: The darkside of the moon

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby woodman » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Hoops wrote:It is also probably proper of me to admit that I sometimes run red lights on a pushbike. Only when the coast is clear with no traffic or old ladies about, obviously...... :giggle:

Oh well Pot, kettle, black then isn't it! One rule for us and another for the Police! :grin:

:peace:
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
User avatar
woodman
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Two Dogs Fightin'

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby knightron » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:31 pm

I love this site. :love: :hug: ..Reading other peoples points of view about this subject is enlightening, and for it to be, in the most part, an adult discussion about them, is very rare indeed..
I look at this situation like this..If common law was observed by all, there would be no need for Traffic lights or roundabouts or stop signs ect..ect.. If everyone knew that if they caused harm, injury or loss to anyone there would be Dire consequences for them , no one would break the Law to start with.. I don't mean bringing someone to court and sending them away with a fine or giving them a ticket, I mean sending them to Jail for a few years of hard labour with no parole and no time off for good behaviour.. I was sentenced to 7 years in jail..(For something I didn't do) and I can tell you it was heart breaking to watch my family grow up with out me and my sons learning new things with out me being there.. If common law was in place I wouldn't have gone to jail because it was a stupid "rule" pretence that I was sentenced on... Jail was hard for me, I was a Bodyguard in the British army so the fear factor wasn't there, it was the fact that someone had power over me and could literally do as they please with my life and I had no recourse to justice for their actions, especially when I hadn't done anything wrong in the first place..

I watched that vid a few times and could see the "Plod" and how his attitude changed when the guy said no to him..I saw it many times inside when a inmate said no to the screw..The old attitude with most of them is .."I have a uniform on and you will do as I tell you." Common sense goes for a Burton when anyone puts a uniform on..Anyone.. If you know you have power over someone else you will use it..it is human nature..we have all seen or heard about the experiment done in the 60-70's when they took people and made some Inmates and some Officers and observed to see what happened to them, it was stopped after one of the "Officers" began brutalizing some of the inmates... I was the same when I was a bouncer when I left the Army..If someone came into the club and, there was trouble, if they didn't listen they got a smack, end of story, no "wait I didn't do it". Most people have never had a job that is in a position of power over others, so they cannot understand the feeling someone gets when they think they are more powerful than someone else and that they can do what they like to them.. Most of today's coppers are tooled up to the nines with anti this and anti that kit and they perceive themselves to be above anything, in some cases the Law its self.. Common Law is a great equalizer and when it is invoked it levels the playing field for everyone.. Because as it is written.."Everyone is Equal under the law" :shake: :sun: ..
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
User avatar
knightron
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby Hoops » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 pm

woodman wrote:
Hoops wrote:It is also probably proper of me to admit that I sometimes run red lights on a pushbike. Only when the coast is clear with no traffic or old ladies about, obviously...... :giggle:

Oh well Pot, kettle, black then isn't it! One rule for us and another for the Police! :grin:

:peace:



haha. Surely only if had ever written a ticket for it, which I haven't. Actually I have only ever done it in the dead of night. And if I got busted, I couldn't complain.

Again, I point you to the fact that I have discussed the actions of both parties, the issues of law and tickets and all that - I haven't at any point supported (or condemned) the officer in giving a ticket, or suggested that everyone who does it should get a ticket. I have also never suggested that all police never break any law! :shh:
Hoops
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby enegiss » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Enegiss - I know it is an extreme, but it is valid in any case, albeit a rare occurrence. I mean it as an illustration as much as anything else.
fair enough hoops, i know you are trying to explain that there is potential danger, but on the vid it appears that no danger was involved other than the policemans offer of arrest, which as kooks subtlety put it concerning a mans absolute right to liberty, 2 days in the can( where is the shocked look smiley?) all for an infraction of a statute regulation harming no people, as in no name, and a traffic violation harming no man, ime sure you can almost feel the bristle on our necks stiffen, who are the police again, i must have missed the part about fairness and equality for all, thank the supreme being you are all not like kooks eh!
if you wish to create a favourable History, then you have to start now.
enegiss
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby Hoops » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 pm

knightron wrote:I love this site. :love: :hug: ..Reading other peoples points of view about this subject is enlightening, and for it to be, in the most part, an adult discussion about them, is very rare indeed..
I look at this situation like this..If common law was observed by all, there would be no need for Traffic lights or roundabouts or stop signs ect..ect.. If everyone knew that if they caused harm, injury or loss to anyone there would be Dire consequences for them , no one would break the Law to start with.. I don't mean bringing someone to court and sending them away with a fine or giving them a ticket, I mean sending them to Jail for a few years of hard labour with no parole and no time off for good behaviour.. I was sentenced to 7 years in jail..(For something I didn't do) and I can tell you it was heart breaking to watch my family grow up with out me and my sons learning new things with out me being there.. If common law was in place I wouldn't have gone to jail because it was a stupid "rule" pretence that I was sentenced on... Jail was hard for me, I was a Bodyguard in the British army so the fear factor wasn't there, it was the fact that someone had power over me and could literally do as they please with my life and I had no recourse to justice for their actions, especially when I hadn't done anything wrong in the first place..

I watched that vid a few times and could see the "Plod" and how his attitude changed when the guy said no to him..I saw it many times inside when a inmate said no to the screw..The old attitude with most of them is .."I have a uniform on and you will do as I tell you." Common sense goes for a Burton when anyone puts a uniform on..Anyone.. If you know you have power over someone else you will use it..it is human nature..we have all seen or heard about the experiment done in the 60-70's when they took people and made some Inmates and some Officers and observed to see what happened to them, it was stopped after one of the "Officers" began brutalizing some of the inmates... I was the same when I was a bouncer when I left the Army..If someone came into the club and, there was trouble, if they didn't listen they got a smack, end of story, no "wait I didn't do it". Most people have never had a job that is in a position of power over others, so they cannot understand the feeling someone gets when they think they are more powerful than someone else and that they can do what they like to them.. Most of today's coppers are tooled up to the nines with anti this and anti that kit and they perceive themselves to be above anything, in some cases the Law its self.. Common Law is a great equalizer and when it is invoked it levels the playing field for everyone.. Because as it is written.."Everyone is Equal under the law" :shake: :sun: ..



This sounds terrible, particularly the loss of time with your children. Irreplaceable.
Hoops
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby woodman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Here's some short footage of me driving around the block where I live, back in Sept 2009, (in between my first and second arrest and recorded in the same location as my first arrest) at a time when it was really difficult not to get stopped and searched by Police.

The footage allegedly shows me (at around 1:06) travelling through a red light, there were roughly eight Police Officers in the area at the time, (oooh I was playing with fire), Hoops, let me ask you, if you had been one of those Officers about who had seen me, what would your course of action have been?

Incidentally, I make no apologies for listening to Michael Jackson whilst driving :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/v/OeeF7hCzcDc
‘Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, no one but ourselves can free our minds’- Robert Nesta Marley (1945 - 1981)

‘All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing’ - Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)
User avatar
woodman
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Two Dogs Fightin'

Re: Another lying, uninformed, oppressive bully in a uniform.

Postby greg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:22 pm

Nice soundtrack Woody! I see you resisted the temptation to sing along on camera!

I must admit when I see one of those big riot vans stacked full, or potentially stacked full (note they have tinted windows in the back) of burly blokes in uniform I don't feel safer, far from it.

I know people who've been bundled in the back, beaten AND given a FPN all for having the wrong type of cigarette.
greg
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Police Jurisdiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest