any person arrest

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

any person arrest

Postby TheLionandFox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 pm

i was any thinking about if we could hire private common law force or even just knowing how far citizins arrest could helps us. As i can imagine(im still a slave presently lol) the egotistical cops wont like worthy adversaries. Here is what tptb recommend is allowed;

Any Person Power of Arrest Without Warrant

Part 3 Section 110 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 states that
110 Powers of arrest (1)For section 24 of PACE (arrest without warrant for arrestable offences) substitute— (only arrest without warrant by other persons (i.e private citizens) is detailed on this page)....

24A Arrest without warrant: other persons

(1)A person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a)anyone who is in the act of committing an indictable offence;
(b)anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be committing an indictable offence.

(2)Where an indictable offence has been committed, a person other than a constable may arrest without a warrant—
(a)anyone who is guilty of the offence;
(b)anyone whom he has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it.

(3)But the power of summary arrest conferred by subsection (1) or (2) is exercisable only if—
(a)the person making the arrest has reasonable grounds for believing that for any of the reasons mentioned in subsection (4) it is necessary to arrest the person in question; and
(b)it appears to the person making the arrest that it is not reasonably practicable for a constable to make it instead.

(4)The reasons are to prevent the person in question—
(a)causing physical injury to himself or any other person;
(b)suffering physical injury;
(c)causing loss of or damage to property; or
(d)making off before a constable can assume responsibility for him.”

I found a quiz i think for possibly training pcso's (NLP most likely) i didnt do to well as i found i was unjustly justifying my right to detain arresst and charge the fear mongerers for the slightest thing. im not too sure on how to link the sites so it is;
www.pcsos-national.co.uk/socap
TheLionandFox

Re: any person arrest

Postby TheLionandFox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 pm

i forgot to mention that if you citizins arrest someone and they are aquitted or nfa'd you will be held responsible for unlawfull arrest. so it isnt too much of a good idea as when it goes to court you can be sure the well honourable gentlemen :rotfl: wont be on your side of the fence. And you will be regreting the disproportoinate force you had used on the 6'3" sack of shit 'confiscating' your whip.(random scenario not my situation) so im sayin we should think before we act upon policy enforcers but keep the idea that you we may lay precedent for evryone else.
TheLionandFox

Return to Police Jurisdiction