Advice on the theft of my Phone by a policy officer

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Advice on the theft of my Phone by a policy officer

Postby slipnslide69 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you can give me some advice on the following issue?

On 29/01/2010 I was in a pub and there was an altercation between a couple of lads, which resulted in the police being called. The police arrived and asked everyone to leave the pub, which I did. When I got outside I was absolutely shocked at the amount of police cars and vans, so decided to take my phone out and get it all on video. As soon as I did an officer snatched the phone from my hand. I asked him what the hell he was doing and that I wanted it back. I asked under which law was he using to take my phone and he said the Terrorism Act. I started to try and educate the uneducated trollop and he said if you give me your name you can have it back, so I asked am I obliged to give you my name, he said no, so I told him that I wasn't giving it to him. He took my phone with him and never gave me a receipt or anything like that.

Last night 30/01/2010 @ 21:25 I called the police station where he is based and asked to speak with the officer as I wanted a full explanation as to why he took my phone. I was told he was in a meeting and agreed to hold. Whilst on hold officers started making funny noises down the phone, which I believe were being played from a mobile phone and this continued for around 6mins. The phone was then hung up by the police, so I decided to call back and they never answered the phone.

I've made a complaint with the IPCC Online about both incidents, but I've made complaints about the police on numerous occasions and nothing ever seems to be done. The officers know who I am and I believe one of the reasons I have a lot of hassle from them is for creating this facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=24943717497&ref=ts and I always question them, which they don't seem to like.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks Deano :)
slipnslide69

Re: Advice on the theft of my Phone by a policy officer

Postby Arten » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Have you watched the Albert Burgess talk in stoke over ate TPUC? I would suggest you send in a Notice to the Station where this bully is based directing it at someone in the CID because the crime of Theft has been committed. In that Notice give them three days to return your phone if not tell them you are going to report it to your next nearest police force.
That will get them moving and remember if any serving police officer refuses to take your complaint of theft seriously then you can do him for neglect of duty and he is actually committing a crime. You have to get these people on their oath they have sworn to protect you and uphold your rights and the peace.
Arten

Postby slipnslide69 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Update

Just been on phone to the policy communication room and they have informed me that the officer has put it in the property store and in his report he said he took it under section 19 of the police and criminal evidence act;

Under section 19 when a constable is lawfully on any premises he can seize anything which he finds on the premises if he has reasonable grounds for believing:

(i) that it has been obtained in consequence of the commission of an offence; or
(ii) that it is evidence in relation to an offence which he is investigating or any other offence;
And (iii) that it is necessary to seize it in order to prevent it being concealed, lost, damaged, altered or destroyed.

I notice it says lawfully on any premisses, but when he stole it from me I was outside. And he told me under the terrorism act!

I've made complaints and also contacted the pub and they are saving the video footage for me.

Theses scum-bags are not getting away with this. I'm going to take it to the highest level and make sure I'm heard!

Deano :)
slipnslide69

Postby jonboy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm

If you choose the path of reporting it to another force or CID as suggested. Report the man john doe, not PC 4332 DOE. That's what I'd do.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby slipnslide69 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 am

cheers for advice guys.

I reported the theft this morning and obtained a crime number. They said someone will be out within 24hrs.

will keep you updated

Cheers
Deano
slipnslide69

Postby Farmer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

jonboy wrote:Report the man john doe, not PC 4332 DOE.

Why is that?
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby jonboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Accuse him of theft on a personal level, rather than let him hide behind the police badge. Just an idea.
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

jonboy

Postby slipnslide69 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:52 pm

UPDATE

Been to pick my phone up from police station today. When issued with my phone I noticed that the lens on the phone had been smashed and the phone was blocked and was requesting a PUK code.

I asked the property guy why it had been damaged and he told me to take it up with the officer. I've logged a further complaint of damage with my original complaint of theft.

In the officers report he stated - Officers called to the last orders as a result of on going fighting inside. An unknown male has been seen to be filming the pub and surroundings on his mobile phone, so this has been seized under section 19 pace, as it may contain evidence of an offence. Male asked to provide details so that a receipt could be issued, but refused. Not willing after numerous requests to provide details for the receipt.

In the above statement he failed to mention he already knew my name. He also failed to mention that he first said he was taking it under the terrorism act. He doesn't state that I asked him if I was obliged to give my name and he said no.

Further, he now says that he took it under section 19 of pace, as he believed evidence was on the phone. So why was the phone not sent away to be examined for evidence. Had he already examined it himself? If so, why is the phone now blocked? GOT YOU YA BASTARD - HE CAN'T GET OUT OF THIS ONE.

I've put complaints in to the IPCC in regards to all this, but they are useless bastards!

I've also requested the CCTV from the pub, which they said they will save, Just to prove that I was not filming the pub and surroundings.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Cheers Deano :)
slipnslide69

Postby jonboy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Words can't describe how :grr: this make me. They are nothing but thieves, thugs, vandals and bullies. Why on Earth smash it? I'll tell you why, his mates egged him on to do it, they were slagging you off like children whispering in the playground, because you refused to give your name. They probably filmed a load of dodgy goings on, and then smashed it up all laughing. Fucking arseholes.

This "terrorism" thing is the biggest insult to everyone's intelligence I have ever encountered. They are the terrorists. :no:

jonboy

Postby Hooplescat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 am

I hate that terrorist law. too easy to abuse.
Hooplescat

Next

Return to Police Jurisdiction